Pronto with Peel Smartphone/Tablet Remote Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The Pronto with Peel is a smartphone/tablet-based universal remote that provides customized TV-listings and program recommendations, along with IR remote functions. If Pronto with Peel delivers, your smartphone is set to become the single tool you need to find something to watch, fire up your system, and tweet your friends about it (please people, no spoilers). Imagine controlling your HDTV and Blu-ray player with your iPhone? Pronto has and claims it to now be a reality.

Discuss "Pronto with Peel Smartphone/Tablet Remote Preview" here. Read the article.

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
It sounds like this is promising the functionality of a Harmony Ultimate remote, with added functions, for 60% of the price. I switched from an older Harmony remote to a Harmony Ultimate last October, and mostly like the switch. Because the app is on my phone, my tablet, my wife's phone & her 2 tablets, the remote is very accessible.

The one thing that these types of remotes don't do so well is watching DVR'd TV. When you fast forward with a remote with buttons, you can place your finger on play prior to pushing the button; but with a touch screen interface you have to hover over that part of the screen - much harder. We still keep the DVR remote handy for this function.

P

PapaTV

Audiophyte
Price point of 50$ for this hardware is a WIN for me compared to Harmony remotes. I like the tiny size and its strong 360 degree IR. I don't have to point at my TV or other device to send my command unlike my old Harmony remote.

Especially i love this when I want to watch Live TV where Peel app helped me to browse through list of shows and change the channel by a single Tap. I agree with you, for a DVR'd show, experience can be improved.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis