Projector Installation Question

M

macdonar

Audiophyte
Hello experts,

I have an InFocus IN3118HD that I am installing for our unit. The actual PC will be located about 300 feet away. Needing advice on the best way to run a connection with that distance. Is it possible to run a VGA that distance without signal degrading, or usb cable, or even HDMI if possible. I have seen boosters are available for VGA and USB, dont know how well they work. Thanks for any help you can provide.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
InFocus Projectors: InFocus IN3118HD DLP projector

To get the remote connectivity for HDMI you will need a HD-BaseT extender. There are a number of them out on the market, but the ones from Monoprice do work just fine.

HDMI® Extender Using Cat5e or CAT6 Cable - Extend Upto 328ft - Monoprice.com

There are a number of other units out there which are a fair bit more expensive. I've tested these at 300' over standard cat-5e cabling without any issues in a 8 hour straight run and I have them installed in a number of locations without problems.

Of course, you will still need someway to control the PC from that distance unless you plan to just start a video where the PC is and then watch it where the projector is.

Not sure the size of the location in which it is being installed, but 300' is an extremely long run for a residence.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Quick question since it's close to what I wanna ask. I was trying to connect my Acer lapton via hdmi on the Acer 5380 PJ and can't seem to get it to work. Any ideas? or is VGA my only option? Thanks.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
How long of cable did you used? Did you updated video drivers your laptop?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis