Projector Image Shaking

S

Swiguy

Enthusiast
I've owned a Mitsubishi HC3800 for a few weeks now and I've been running into some image shaking issues. I've done some research and some individuals suggested switching the lamp mode to low. I've played around with both the low and standard lamp modes, standard mode appears to be a bit better then low.

The projector is mounted on the ceiling to a Peerless PRG-UNV Precision mount. It appears that everything is tightened properly etc. If I hold the projector a bit, the shaking appears to be reduced. I know this issue is caused by the fan but I was wondering if there was a solution to this. Maybe rubber washers between the projector and the mount? How about placing some weights on top of the projector? Any suggestions are appreciated!

S

Swiguy

Enthusiast
Some more details... it almost looks like the fan is pulsating. The image is fine for a few seconds, then vibrates. This is constant... fine, vibrate, fine, vibrate etc.

Do I have a bad fan perhaps?

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
I would not suggest placing anything on top of your projector. Sounds to me like your fan is not balanced properly. I'm not sure if this is an easy thing to fix. I had a cheap ceiling mount for my Mitsu projector for about a week (not suggesting yours is cheap) but i found that it didn't hold my projetor tightly enough and it would keep sagging resulting in constant adjustments. I eventually build a shelf that holds it nicely. Good luck to ya!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis