Projector Art Projects

A

ArtBark

Audiophyte
I am TOTALLY new to this. I'm an aging dancer moving into more experimental genres and work quite a bit with photography and video. I would like to get a projector in the $600-$800 range to begin playing with projections for integrative art performances. It would need to be portable - and something suitable for travel would be nice. I'm looking at these projectors...
Epson MegaPlex MG-850HD
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 705HD
The spaces the projector would be used is in dance studios for rehearsals, galleries for art installations, and small alternative venues.
Any suggestions? So greatly appreciated if you do.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
If you are unable to fully control the light in the areas where you are working, then I strongly recommend that you get the brightest projector you can afford.

Likewise, you will need to deal with rigging and shadowing with projectors and people moving in front of them. This would be unacceptable to me. Instead, I would be looking for the brightest short throw or ultra short throw projector available to me.

I would start with this list, and figure out which one worked best for my 'typical' installation...

Find Projectors By Feature

This one, certainly stands out as a potential option:
Optoma Projectors: Optoma GT750 DLP projector

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis