Processors and 1080i

M

Mi-Foodie

Audiophyte
I am somewhat new and maybe a bit confused about 1080i but here is my question. I want to upgrade to a new Processor for Home Theater that will 'last' at least through some of the changes happening now. I have heard that there are not many that can do video switching on 1080i signals. Since in the future I plan to have multiple 1080i sources I don't want to get into a vicious upgrade cycle.

Are there any current HT Processors that can do this? I am looking at Theta Casa Nova - at least that price point.

Appreciate all comments !! :)

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
There are lots of pre/pros and receivers that will switch 1080i and 720P. Most accept component inputs only. To stay ahead of the curve what you want is one that accepts and switches HDMI. Check out the new Denon 5805 for ideas of what the future holds in switching HD and whole house A/V distribution. :D

M

Mi-Foodie

Audiophyte
Have not heard it myself but when I read reviews some especially like the sound quality. It does not have HDMI/DVI or firewire ins and that may be an issue down the road. I am considering upgrading the TV to flat panel with HDMI inputs and will check to see if the Mc has HDMI outputs.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Mi-Foodie said:
Have not heard it myself but when I read reviews some especially like the sound quality. It does not have HDMI/DVI or firewire ins and that may be an issue down the road. I am considering upgrading the TV to flat panel with HDMI inputs and will check to see if the Mc has HDMI outputs.

Thanks for the suggestion.
The Denon 5805 does have HDMI, DVI, and firewire inputs. And has HDMI outputs. The 5803 was missing some of these. http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/avhardware/DenonAVR5805.php

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis