L

Luckbox72

Audiophyte
I have a problem with my two subwoofers. I have a Velodyne VX-10B and a Orb Audio super 8. The both have the same problem. They were working fine for the last 5 years with the Velodyne and 3 years with the Orb Audio, but if I hook either of then up using the RCA inputs they no longer work. If I unhook one of my front speakers and use that speaker wire they will work. The Velodyne with no distortion but the Orb Audio has a hum. I am assuming something with the board has sorted out, but not sure what to do? Can I get a replacement board and if so how hard is it to switch out? If I can't how do I hook up the Velodyne with speaker wire, do I use the zone 2 output or do I need to split the center speaker wires? Do I just cut my loses and replace them with new?

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
Not trying to be a smart guy here, but is it possible that you disabled the sub outputs on your reciever? I've done this myself accidentally. Have you tried a different sub cable? If not, I would check those two things first. It seems strange that neither sub would work from the sub out. If it's not one of the things I mentioned, I'll leave it to the pros to help you out.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis