problems with new receiver - please help

R

ryan1

Audiophyte
hey guys,

i've been having problems with a harman kardon 235 i picked up last night. the set up went easily enough (i'm very new to all of this). i've got it hooked up to a toshiba dvd player for movies and cds, as well as my 27 inch tv for audio. i've been able to watch movies and tv without any problems, but i've had some serious issues with playing cds.

here's the problem: sometimes when playing cds, i get a 'protect' message from the receiver and it promptly turns itself off, sometimes i cannot turn it on again while it's set to dvd without getting the protect message and it turning itself off again.

does anyone have any idea why this would be? is the receiver defective, and should i return it?

thanks in advance,

- ryan

droeses58

droeses58

Audioholic
All I can think of, is to double check all your connections [i.e. make sure their tight and speaker wires aren't touching each other.]

If that doesn't help I would contact Harman Kardon.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
ryan1 said:
hey guys,

i've been having problems with a harman kardon 235 i picked up last night. the set up went easily enough (i'm very new to all of this). i've got it hooked up to a toshiba dvd player for movies and cds, as well as my 27 inch tv for audio. i've been able to watch movies and tv without any problems, but i've had some serious issues with playing cds.

here's the problem: sometimes when playing cds, i get a 'protect' message from the receiver and it promptly turns itself off, sometimes i cannot turn it on again while it's set to dvd without getting the protect message and it turning itself off again.

does anyone have any idea why this would be? is the receiver defective, and should i return it?

thanks in advance,

- ryan

Are you getting this message "only" with Cd playback? How loud are you trying to olay it? Are you using the TV speakers? Is that all you have?

If it only happens with CD and only sometimes, what exactly is the condition when this happens?

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Sounds like it's overheating. Do you have it stuffed in a cabinet?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis