Problems w/ Windows 8 Internet Explorer & Audioholics

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Anyone else has issues with Windows 8 Internet Explorer on Audioholics? I cannot hit the "ENTER" key and create space between sentences or paragraphs! :eek: So all sentences run together - no spacing between lines, sentences, paragraphs. :( I have no problems at all on AVS Forum, just Audioholics. It sucks!!!!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Now I'm on Chrome to see if I have the same issue.

Nope. Chrome works fine. So looks like it's just Internet Explorer. :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Maybe I should stay away from IE8 especially since a program I use extensively will not operate on IE8 and will not be updated so it will :mad:

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
This is a problem with Internet Explorer 10 and is something I mentioned quite a while ago and it still has not been resolved. You can fix this by clicking the 'compatibility view' icon at the top of your screen. For whatever reason, this fixes it and allows you to press...

enter...

enter...

enter.

Even with IE 10.

FYI, I am not using Windows 8, but am using Windows 7 and I also have this issue, so it is not as Windows related as it is a problem between this version of vBulletin and IE10.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Anyone else has issues with Windows 8 Internet Explorer on Audioholics? I cannot hit the "ENTER" key and create space between sentences or paragraphs! :eek: So all sentences run together - no spacing between lines, sentences, paragraphs. :( I have no problems at all on AVS Forum, just Audioholics. It sucks!!!!
well I guess I won't be going to Windows 8:D

jinjuku

jinjuku

Uh, IE whateverversion # sucks. Period.

We write a web SaaS package: FF: Works, Chrome: Works, Opera: Works, Safari: Works, IE? BROKE, BROKE, BROKE.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Isn't it amazing that on a site dedicated to audio the single most complained about product that I can remember is Windows. It's an indicator so telling it should be reviewed with the MSFT BoD. :)

jinjuku

jinjuku

It could be a forum dedicated to Nun bowling leagues and Win8/IE10 would be the most complained about subject wise.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
It's been a problem with ie10 for a while.... I'm glad my wife's mac has no problems... LOL!!!!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This is a problem with Internet Explorer 10 and is something I mentioned quite a while ago and it still has not been resolved. You can fix this by clicking the 'compatibility view' icon at the top of your screen. For whatever reason, this fixes it and allows you to press...

enter...

enter...

enter.

Even with IE 10.

FYI, I am not using Windows 8, but am using Windows 7 and I also have this issue, so it is not as Windows related as it is a problem between this version of vBulletin and IE10.
Hey

it

works.

Now I just set compatibility view on all websites under the Tool tab. Now it's cool all the time.

Thanks. :D

Too bad the "Touch-Friendly IE10" (tablet mode) doesn't have Compatibility View option, so I will just have to use the desktop IE.

Doesn't AVS Forum also use vBulletin? Maybe not because I never had any problems on AVS.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
well I guess I won't be going to Windows 8:D
Well.........you know how it is with new toys for boys. :D

I just bought a new Microsoft Surface Pro 128 + 64GB micro SD card + screen protector + case + touch keyboard. :D

It's basically 2 devices in 1: tablet + desktop.

You know how some sites won't allow mobile mode and require desktop mode? Both Android & iPad and probably all tablets are limited because of this. So this new MS Surface Pro (Win8 Pro) takes care of that. It also has a mobile tablet mode just for Internet Explorer 10. It works great for most sites (AVS forum). Unfortunately it doesn't work so well with Audioholics site.

So I will just use the IE desktop (compatibility view engaged for all sites).

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Doesn't AVS Forum also use vBulletin? Maybe not because I never had any problems on AVS.
A number of sites use vBulletin and Audioholics is the only one where I have run into this issue. Yes, weird. I visit AH from 3 different computers, none of which use Windows 8, but all of which use IE10, and every single one of the computers has issue with the AH forum. None of them have issues with any other forum.

So, I'm thinking there is a need for an update of the current vBulletin which will address this issue.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
A number of sites use vBulletin and Audioholics is the only one where I have run into this issue. Yes, weird. I visit AH from 3 different computers, none of which use Windows 8, but all of which use IE10, and every single one of the computers has issue with the AH forum. None of them have issues with any other forum.

So, I'm thinking there is a need for an update of the current vBulletin which will address this issue.
Hopefully AH Admin will note this problem and fix this issue for us.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hey, looks like AH fixed this issue! I am now on tablet mode in IE10 on my Window 8 Pro tablet (Surface Pro 128).

And

I

can

type

as usual.

Thank you! :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis