Problems programming the Denon 3805 Remote

M

m1abrams

Audioholic Intern
Recently my harmony remote died and I am going to give the Denon 3805 remote a chance until I can replace the harmony. However I can not get the Denon remote to program with my Onkyo DVD changer. The booklet only has one code for the Onkyo DVD player. It takes the code fine with the OK symbol, but it does not control my DVD player at all.
I have the following DVD player
Onkyo DV-CP702

I have not tried the learning approach yet and would like to avoid it since it much more time consuming.

U

Unregistered

The fact that a setup code is available doesn't mean that the remote will be able to control any particular model of a given brand. It may control some functions or none at all.
That is a new Onkyo DVD player and I can tell you that my OFA 8811 used to be able to control my old Onkyo player just fine, but doesn't have any setup code that works for the new SP301 (same family as the 702).

Your best bet is to try the learning feature.

S

slmcdonald7

Junior Audioholic
Time consuming?

Assuming you have the newer blue-faced remote, the learning feature is a snap. Follow this route and it should only take you 1 to 2 minutes to program your DVD remote (that's all the time it took for me to program mine).

If you don't have this newer version of the remote, then ignore my advice, as I can't speak for the older version of the remote (as I have never used it).

Good luck,
Stephen

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis