Problem with Panasonic 58PZ850U

R

rcpilot_971

Audioholic
Anyone know what would cause this problem

Im getting a real thin red and sliver sometimes green flickering line accross my tv while watching TV its not always in the same place all different places on the tv I have a Direct TV HD DVR HR 21 I think I see it more on the lower ch than on the higher ones like ch 3 local NBC it worse on this ch than it is on HBO 501 also I dont see it at all on DVDs I have tryed switching out the HDMI cable still there also my HDMI cable runs direct to my tv
when I do see it I can go back on the DVR and play it again and the flicker will show up in the same spot

Thanks Tim

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Anyone know what would cause this problem

Im getting a real thin red and sliver sometimes green flickering line accross my tv while watching TV its not always in the same place all different places on the tv I have a Direct TV HD DVR HR 21 I think I see it more on the lower ch than on the higher ones like ch 3 local NBC it worse on this ch than it is on HBO 501 also I dont see it at all on DVDs I have tryed switching out the HDMI cable still there also my HDMI cable runs direct to my tv
when I do see it I can go back on the DVR and play it again and the flicker will show up in the same spot

Thanks Tim
It is Direct TV's problem. You need to make them provide you with a satisfactory picture. It is possible that this is a ground loop problem, between the Direct TV grounding block outside you home, and your system grounds. Do you also have any hum from your system?

With Direct TV you can not use ground loop isolators, like you can with cable TV.

R

rcpilot_971

Audioholic
It is Direct TV's problem. You need to make them provide you with a satisfactory picture. It is possible that this is a ground loop problem, between the Direct TV grounding block outside you home, and your system grounds. Do you also have any hum from your system?

With Direct TV you can not use ground loop isolators, like you can with cable TV.

No hum Tonight I going to try comp cables

Thanks Tim

R

rcpilot_971

Audioholic
Ok well I have changed the HDMI cable 3rd one the flickering lines are gone but now I have a different problem in dark seens I see red flickering dots now when I switch to componet the red dots are not there I will see if I can attached a picture see if it works

Attachments

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Ok well I have changed the HDMI cable 3rd one the flickering lines are gone but now I have a different problem in dark seens I see red flickering dots now when I switch to componet the red dots are not there I will see if I can attached a picture see if it works
The cable seems to be changing things. I suggest you order Blue Jeans cable's, top line HDMI cable. I have no issue with it at all. HDMI cables are very touchy.

R

rcpilot_971

Audioholic
I have been using monoprice HDMI cables I was thinking of switching to monster and see if that would do it

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis