Prince passed away at 57

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Yup, it's unfair that we are left with Kanye and the Kardashians.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
They asked Eric Clapton once "What's it like to be the greatest guitarist in the world" His answer, "Why are you asking me? You should ask Prince."

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Now CBS News is also reporting that "Investigators trying to find Prince's cause of death". Edit: I think it's noteworthy that CBS News avoids directly mentioning the TMZ report until they can confirm it from a second source.
They are quoting TMZ, take that with a salt of grain.
Make that a grain of salt… a very LARGE grain of salt.

If you live a sheltered life and are not familiar with TMZ, it's a celebrity news website, probably more about gossip and fake-news generated by publicity hounds, and not known for high-minded journalistic standards. And yet, sometimes they get it right.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
TLSguy did you ever visit Paisley Park? Since you are not that far away.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Now CBS News is also reporting that "Investigators trying to find Prince's cause of death". Edit: I think it's noteworthy that CBS News avoids directly mentioning the TMZ report until they can confirm it from a second source.

If you live a sheltered life and are not familiar with TMZ, it's a celebrity news website, probably more about gossip and fake-news generated by publicity hounds, and not known for high-minded journalistic standards. And yet, sometimes they get it right.
Make that a BLOCK of salt. IMO,they report before they know what is going on. Once in a while they get lucky, not necessarily right.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Make that a BLOCK of salt. IMO,they report before they know what is going on. Once in a while they get lucky, not necessarily right.
Well, he's flying home, less than an hour away and there's a medical emergency so the plane lands. He's rushed to the hospital and looks to book a block of rooms. He's treated, allegedly for the flu, and when he can't get a block of rooms, leaves. To me, sounds more like an opiate overdose treated with a shot. He doesn't go to a hospital when he returns because either he's feeling better for the moment or is embarrassed that this matter would become public and affect the world's perception. I'm betting on TMZ.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, he's flying home, less than an hour away and there's a medical emergency so the plane lands. He's rushed to the hospital and looks to book a block of rooms. He's treated, allegedly for the flu, and when he can't get a block of rooms, leaves. To me, sounds more like an opiate overdose treated with a shot. He doesn't go to a hospital when he returns because either he's feeling better for the moment or is embarrassed that this matter would become public and affect the world's perception. I'm betting on TMZ.
Due to the odd nature of the discovery of the body, I don't doubt it was an OD.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Sad truth from the medical examiner's report:

Prince died from a self-administered overdose of fentanyl :(.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Sad truth from the medical examiner's report:

Prince died from a self-administered overdose of fentanyl :(.
You should not be surprised. The guy is carried unconscious off a plane and in a short while he goes AMA. The only condition that would allow for that is a narcotic overdose reversed by Narcan.

This has been obvious from the beginning.

Fentanyl is a very dangerous drug and now it is on the street. This drug is basically an anaesthetic drug and and one of the core foundation drugs of neuroleptathesia which I employed often.

If this is self administered and used on the street people will die like flies, which they are. I spoke with one of the Cass county Sheriff's deputies this evening, and they are now being run ragged with heroin and Fentanyl overdoses.

The pop culture is far too mixed up in the drug culture and their music degraded and inferior, which will not last 300 years. In 300 years virtually no one will have heard of Prince and that is probably a very good thing.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
In 300 years virtually no one will have heard of Prince and that is probably a very good thing.
You know if he can in any way haunt anybody, it's probably gonna be you.

The chances of being great in 300 years is only assisted by being great in your day. Prince had his moments. RIP.

highfigh

highfigh

Not reporting after only one source used to be called 'responsible journalism' and referred to as 'Trust, but verify'. Reports that are based on one person is nothing but hearsay, regardless of the veracity. It also leads to fewer retractions and less embarrassment (if a news outlet cam even be embarrassed). CBS may do that as policy because they don't want to lend any legitimacy to TMZ.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

You know if he can in any way haunt anybody, it's probably gonna be you.

The chances of being great in 300 years is only assisted by being great in your day. Prince had his moments. RIP.
Unfortunately I'm just leaving for Grand Forks for the funeral of a young woman who died of an apparent overdose of alcohol and narcotics this week.

Fentanyl is a very dangerous agent.

We have had two pop icons die of anaesthetic agents in the recent past. Michael Jackson from Propofol and now Prince form Fentanyl.

This is to me, very troubling.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Unfortunately I'm just leaving for Grand Forks for the funeral of a young woman who died of an apparent overdose of alcohol and narcotics this week.

Fentanyl is a very dangerous agent.

We have had two pop icons die of anaesthetic agents in the recent past. Michael Jackson from Propofol and now Prince form Fentanyl.

This is to me, very troubling.
Some of the stuff they are cooking up at big pharma is pretty troubling also. I understand the controlled need but it's scary none the less.

Isn't the rule of thumb no more than two weeks of usage with a lot of this class due to possible addiction?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Isn't the rule of thumb no more than two weeks of usage with a lot of this class due to possible addiction?
Yeah, well, I don't think people who use these rugs recreationally really care about or follow these guidelines.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Yeah, well, I don't think people who use these rugs recreationally really care about or follow these guidelines.
I didn't mention any specific context since I was interested in the 10,000 foot view of this class of drug.

I'm hoping for a bit of an education from TLS Guy since he's a reasonable authority on this.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis