The Hobbit

Latest Music:

Volbeat - Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies
Avenge Sevenfold - Hail to the King
Chevelle - Favorite Hits

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Any reason you "bumped" a thread 4 minutes after posting?

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I'll be ordering the XS30 in cordovan cheery in the next few days. Just waiting on a few things to clear the way to finalize this purchase...once it arrives I'll need to re-run REQ and play with different placement options...I don't know if I'll be able to use it in the same location as my last sub but yeah I'm excited.

Heh...I told the wifey I won't be looking to get a new sub until next spring....but she's already planned another girls only trip to Vagas so I used that as leverage to buy now...;).

Ps: I told if she goes a third time to LV.... I'll be getting me a twin...lol :D

mdanderson

mdanderson

Audioholic Intern
I'll be ordering the XS30 in cordovan cheery in the next few days. Just waiting on a few things to clear the way to finalize this purchase...once it arrives I'll need to re-run REQ and play with different placement options...I don't know if I'll be able to use it in the same location as my last sub but yeah I'm excited.

Heh...I told the wifey I won't be looking to get a new sub until next spring....but she's already planned another girls only trip to Vagas so I used that as leverage to buy now...;).

Ps: I told if she goes a third time to LV.... I'll be getting me a twin...lol :D
Dual subs have made a definite improvement for me. Those Ascend speakers look nice.

Last edited:
DannyA

DannyA

Audioholic

I was going to order my second XS-15 this week but my wife decided the bathroom remodel was more important. I tried to convince her the sub would sound great in the bathroom but she wasn't buying it. :( Maybe if I'm a good boy I can get one for Christmas. :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord

A dude has to leverage everything he can get hands on to make it fair these days. :) Congrats Billy

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Yup...I usually sit back and let her do what she wants for herself and the kids....that way...it makes it hard for her to say NO...Besides she is always telling me I don't buy anything for myself....so, damn it...I was due...:p

Thanks...BTW.

A dude has to leverage everything he can get hands on to make it fair these days. :) Congrats Billy

T

Tom V.

Audioholic
Hi all, quick shipping update.

We are expecting a small shipment of 15" Power-X drivers (about one pallet) to arrive today or tomorrow. This shipment will allow us to fulfill all orders through (about) 12-11 to 12-12. We have a very large shipment of 15" drivers scheduled to arrive in about a week. This will enable us to fulfill all current orders and get us back to our normal "same day, next day" order fulfillment status. I do apologize for the ongoing delays...bad combination of unexpected demand + late inventory arrival.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

T

Tom V.

Audioholic
Hi all,

Quick update on the back order stuff,

We have been getting regular shipments from our driver vendor in Las Vegas for the past 10-14 days. By the end of today we will be completely caught up with all XS15 and XV15 shipments. We have another large quantity of XS30s shipping today but we won't be 100% caught up on XS30s or XV30f until Friday. Triax are a little iffy, we have enough stuff here to build a few more but I have 2-3 folks who seem about to pull the trigger. Once these 2-3 are gone we'll be about 10-14 days delayed on any new orders.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, thanks again to all for the patience shown while we work through all of these orders!

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Just wanted to post here a little about my dual XV-15's I got about a month ago now which replaced an Epik Phoenix. I was a bit worried I would miss that 18" Epik powerhouse, but decided on going duals after learning about the benefits of multiple subwoofers. I needed duals that would dig deep and belt out the SPL AND would pass the WAF. I decided on the XV-15's since they fit the bill and the fact that they are down firing and flexible as far as placement. Also, my wife would be able to put some of her crap on them and would kinda look like an end table or the like. Well, to my surprise after I got them placed in the room and she did a bit of decorating, she said "these look better than I thought!!" That made it easier for me and NO flack from the wife! So, on to the performance. After getting them dialed in with XT32 and several different listening sessions, I am very very happy and do not miss the Epik one bit!! In my room the XV-15's are solid to 14hz or 15hz just like advertised. Dual subs do really smooth out the bass and hit with some serious slam. I highly recommended these for high performance for the money. Great return on investment!! Kudos to PSA for a great product and great customer service, thanks!

B

Basshead81

Audioholic
Glad to hear you are liking them Gov!! I really do enjoy mine, they are pretty solid subs for the price. I have had mine for a year and have not had the itch to upgrade. I will say it did take a lot of man hours tweaking and finding the right setup before I was satisfied. If I had not put the time in I probably would of traded them in for something else.

T

Tom V.

Audioholic
Glad to hear you are liking them Gov!! I really do enjoy mine, they are pretty solid subs for the price. I have had mine for a year and have not had the itch to upgrade. I will say it did take a lot of man hours tweaking and finding the right setup before I was satisfied. If I had not put the time in I probably would of traded them in for something else.
Heads up--- one XV15 in the outlet center. These tend to go in minutes so please don't hesitate if anyone is interested. Thanks.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

T

Tom V.

Audioholic
XV15 went in minutes, we have a XS30 up now if anyone has been waiting..:)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
If you're looking to buy an XV15 or two, looks like now might be the time to jump:
Hi all, just a quick heads-up per the "$800" ceiling. Pricing increases are on the horizon for the entire Power-X product lineup. Jim and I still have to find time to "huddle" on this issue so I can't say exactly how much things will be increasing or when for that matter. But a good guess will be in the next 30 days(ish).

We have been absorbing pricing increases from our vendors for the past 18 months or so. In the past we found ways to avoid raising prices(eliminating the "base" for example) but it seems inevitable at this point.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
NEW "BEST UNDER $800 SUB ENTERS THE MIX" - Page 2

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Popped into the PSA website looking for a link or two, to send to a friend, and a chat window popped up. Chat window says Tom V. So of course, even though I don't have any questions, curiosity overwhelms me and I start typing away. Sure enough, it is "the" Tom V. We have a very pleasant chat about nothing in particular, and I'm on my way. Very very cool that you could go to over to PSA and find yourself talking to someone so knowledgeable.

T

Tom V.

Audioholic
Popped into the PSA website looking for a link or two, to send to a friend, and a chat window popped up. Chat window says Tom V. So of course, even though I don't have any questions, curiosity overwhelms me and I start typing away. Sure enough, it is "the" Tom V. We have a very pleasant chat about nothing in particular, and I'm on my way. Very very cool that you could go to over to PSA and find yourself talking to someone so knowledgeable.
Thanks Fuzz. The Chat feature has been working really well and to be honest, it is a lot of fun for me too. Instead of spending days and going back and forth with 10+ emails...I can interact with each person in "real time". This is so much more efficient. Anyway, if anyone has questions about our products please don't hesitate to use the chat function.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
I too popped onto the site as I was looking into possible units to replace my Carver sub with. I spoke with a knowledgeable source who suggested a XS15se in lieu of the VX15se I was initially there to get more detail on. Based on my media room size 2400 cu ft and the fact it is sealed with no opened walls (only a door), my new receiver (Denon AVR-X4000) and mains (Infinity Kappa 7 mk IIs) the sealed sub would be plenty and benefit greatly from the smallish-sealed room. I rarely listen at reference levels so that may have driven the suggestion as well.

Anyhow I was greatly impressed with the knowledge from the Chat person (can't recall the name).

Looking forward to picking my PSA sub, receivers (Denon AVR X-4000 and X3000) and my Panasonic projector (PTAE8000) up from the local Fedex store tonight!

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
That would be the gentleman in the above post TV...IIRC he mentioned that chat line(pop up window) has become his preferred line of communication when dealing with the public.

Congrats on the new sub...:)

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Unboxing the XS15se

Well I got the sub (very fast shipping BTW!) Here are some photos of the unboxing. While it was not double boxed it seems to have travelled well.

IMG_0927.jpgIMG_0928.jpgIMG_0929.jpgIMG_0930.jpgIMG_0933.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis