Power Sound Audio XS30 Subwoofer Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Power Sound Audio's newest offering, the XS30, is the big brother to the XS15. There is a lot to be excited about with this new subwoofer. The XS30 is equipped with a pair of dual opposed 15" woofers which can deliver two inches of peak to peak throw; bluntly, the XS30 can move a heck of a lot of air, which is important for delivering prodigious output levels and digging deep. Next on the check list is a 725W RMS/1450W Peak Bash amplifier sporting DSP (digital signal processing) control, soft limiting protection, and <1W standby mode among other niceties. The cabinet is of course not skimped on, with 1.75" thick MDF driver baffles and 1" thick walls, as well as a brace to keep the enclosure free of unwanted resonances/vibration, which consequently the dual opposed design should also help with. Of course, given that the XS30 isn't the size of a refrigerator, you also have something that can be reasonably integrated into the decor of many rooms. We have very high expectations for the Power Sound Audio XS30.

Discuss "Power Sound Audio XS30 Subwoofer Preview" here. Read the article.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I wonder how it compares to Seaton. If it performs like it looks like it will perform the price is attractive.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
I wonder how it compares to Seaton. If it performs like it looks like it will perform the price is attractive.
I'll let you know Jin in a couple of days when my duals get here;)
Cheers Jeff

N

nickboros

Audioholic
I'll let you know Jin in a couple of days when my duals get here;)
Cheers Jeff
Jeff,

I am wondering if you ever ended up with the dual xs30s. I was thinking about going with dual xs30s myself a bit down the road and would like to know your thoughts about them.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yes I did go with them and all I could say is they are everything I expected from them and more, they are truly remarkable subs, I had them stacked for a while and they just literally blew me away. If you're thinking about them don't hesitate, they won't disappoint. Very nice with music and all the muscle you need for HT, they never sound strained and can dig deep with plenty of clean undistorted output, truly amazing. I'm waiting on my Triax to be delivered hopefully soon and will post my impressions.
Cheers Jeff

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis