Power Conditioning of Car electrical system?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Well, someone has been reading the Audio Boards, it seems, and got a brillian idea how to rip off the public:
http://www.fueldoctorusa.com/?gclid=CJqV4YjY4qUCFQdMgwodvmvh0g

Yes, the audio world is not alone in consumerland, folks:D Now I feel better:eek:

When will this madness end? :mad:

I found out through the current issue of CR, page 49
The conventional wisdom of placing surge suppression as close to the service entrance or source (electrically) being generally accepted, I'd like to see their explanation of how this will work when it goes through the main wiring harness to the fuse block, then to the lighter receptacle through two 18 AWG wires. The battery is the best filter of noise in a car's electrical system and it works very well. The voltage regulator works well, too, as long as the electrical system isn't being over-taxed by a bunch of accessories.

One thing they rely on is the general public's lack of in-depth knowledge of car electrical systems and fuel injection. A car/truck's ECM isn't that sensitive to noise or voltage fluctuations unless the range is outside of the design parameters. Many ECMs will do a hard reset once the B+ drops below 9.5VDC (GM/Delphi) and may be damaged if it goes much over 16VDC. The claim of performance improvement is fraudulent and if they can prove it, let's try some. I know someone who could verify/refute these claims and I would bet that they'll never send one to him for testing.

Remember the magnets that were to be placed on the fuel line?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The conventional wisdom of placing surge suppression as close to the service entrance or source (electrically) being generally accepted, I'd like to see their explanation of how this will work when it goes through the main wiring harness to the fuse block, then to the lighter receptacle through two 18 AWG wires. The battery is the best filter of noise in a car's electrical system and it works very well. The voltage regulator works well, too, as long as the electrical system isn't being over-taxed by a bunch of accessories.

One thing they rely on is the general public's lack of in-depth knowledge of car electrical systems and fuel injection. A car/truck's ECM isn't that sensitive to noise or voltage fluctuations unless the range is outside of the design parameters. Many ECMs will do a hard reset once the B+ drops below 9.5VDC (GM/Delphi) and may be damaged if it goes much over 16VDC. The claim of performance improvement is fraudulent and if they can prove it, let's try some. I know someone who could verify/refute these claims and I would bet that they'll never send one to him for testing.

Remember the magnets that were to be placed on the fuel line?
Consumers Report tried it. No change.
They just don't have any explanation how you can improve fuel efficiency by having less noise in the electrical system. Nor do they explain how this would do that cleaning job being at a cigarette branch circuit.:eek:
Not sure what is there to experiment with or for.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis