• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No, but I definitely plan to make a purchase this year

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
<P><FONT face=Arial size=2>JupiterResearch today reported that U.S. shipments of MP3 players will grow 35% to 18.2 million in 2005 and maintain a compound annual growth rate of over 10% through 2010, reaching an installed base of 56.1 million by then, up from 16.2 million in 2004. MP3 players will reach critical mass this year, fueling demand for digital music services and stores. </FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2>Mostly due to the iPod's success, JupiterResearch has raised its near-term forecast, but projects that flash-based player shipments will surpass those of hard-drive models in 2007.</FONT></P><P><FONT face=Arial size=2>[Read More]</FONT></P>

Last edited by a moderator:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I got the Aiwa CDC-MP3 head unit for my car the week it was released. I had been eagerly awaiting a MP3 head unit that would allow me to dump 10 hours(ish) of decent quality music onto a single disc from my collection at home. Instead of being forced to carry 100+ discs with me with half the songs being stuff I hate, I am instead able to carry 5-10 discs with me and have a huge assortment of music and mix discs that I can put on random and listen to for hours without getting bored or having to switch out discs.

For home, a 2 zone digital music server (iMerge) tied into my A/V system hits over a dozen separate zones in my house on request.

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
my Palm Tungsten T2 has one built-in but honestly, I've never used it.

Convenience is a plus, ppl tend to be lazy in the sense they usually try to avoid repetition, .mp3 and other such devices allow so much more flexibilty in regards to storage resources.

First off, I don't multitask very well (I leave that to wives and/or computers) so I don't use it in my line of work because I require alot of concentration. I believe MP3 players are awesome but need to be used with alot more etiquette than I have seen in the past (young ppl).

For me, my Tungsten can do MP3 but I just can't seem to find the time, I don't have alot of downtime, like commuting and etc. When I do have the time, I prefer to sit back on my couch listening to my Cd player/Stereo System with a nice cold beer in hand...

Ummm....Beer...darn, I'm at work! :)

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis