Porcupine Tree - Octane Twisted

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Concert CDs of The Incident tour. If you order from Burning Shed, a DVD is included as well. I've listened to some of the DVD and all of the CDs a few times. The recordings are excellent and the discs sound great.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupinetree/product/51/4174/

Track lists.

CD 1:

The Incident - Chicago:

1. Occam's Razor
2. The Blind House
3. Great Expectations
4. Kneel And Disconnect
5. Drawing The Line
6. The Incident
7. Your Unpleasant Family
8. The Yellow Windows Of The Evening Train
9. Time Flies
10. Degree Zero Of Liberty
11. Octane Twisted
12. The Seance
13. Circle Of Manias
14. I Drive The Hearse

CD2:

1. Hatesong (9.57)
2. Russia On Ice / The Pills I'm Taking (15.02)
3. Stars Die (5.57)
4. Bonnie The Cat (6.11)
5. Even Less (14.28)
6. Dislocated Day (7.05)
7. Arriving Somewhere But Not Here (12:59)

All tracks were recorded at The Riviera, Chicago, 30th April 2010 except CD2
tracks 5-7 recorded at the Royal Albert Hall, London, 14th October 2010.

DVD (a video of The Riviera, Chicago concert):

The Incident:

1. Occam's Razor
2. The Blind House
3. Great Expectations
4. Kneel And Disconnect
5. Drawing The Line
6. The Incident
7. Your Unpleasant Family
8. The Yellow Windows Of The Evening Train
9. Time Flies
10. Degree Zero Of Liberty
11. Octane Twisted
12. The Seance
13. Circle Of Manias
14. I Drive The Hearse

Last edited:
johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
I just got it this week. I love it!
This concert in particular has a special meaning for me because I was there ready to enjoy the show (the actual night the concert was filmed), but had to leave during the opening act (Big Elf) due to a family emergency- I spent the night in the ER. Two years later, I finally get to see what I missed from the comfort of home.
I have one complaint about the CD/DVD set: In the booklet there are pictures of the band performing acoustic instruments, Colin with a double bass, Gavin with a small drum set, SW and Wes with acoustic guitars, Barbieri is the odd one out, with a small digital keyboard... but it's not part of the dvd setlist! I don't even know which song(s) was(were) performed this way.
I also just recently got the SW "Get all You Deserve" CD/DVD/BD pack. I did get to see this tour live when they came to Chicago, with Wes instead of Niko Tsonev because of US Visa issues. I was standing about 10feet away from Wes, and back then I hadn't discovered etymotic Hi-Fi earplugs. The show was great, but the sound from were I was standing was too loud. Minneman shines on the video, I remember thinking that he wasn't as good as Gavin when I saw them live, now I think they're about equals.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am a little disappointed that the DVD is only stereo too, but it still sounds great. I believe the songs on disc 2, which I would really have liked to see on the DVD too, but they were from a different show.

Last edited:
johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
I can't be sure of it, but it seems to me that the acoustic songs are not part of the package at all. I just listened to CD2 this morning and none of the songs seemed to have acoustic or "intimate" sound. If anyone who knows reads this, I'd be curious to know.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Likely they just picked some pics that probably were part of that tour, but not necessarily related to this release. Perhaps they will have another release like the "We Lost the Skyline" acoustic disc?

I was actually at the first show of this tour, so they were sort of hashing out the set. It was a great show.

One of the shows I went to they had some technical issues with John's amp and while they were fixing it, Steve did a few solo acoustic tracks. THAT was something special.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis