POLK RM7000 SURROUND SPEAKER SYSTEM

R

READER

Enthusiast
I HAVE THESE SPEAKERS AND THEY STILL SOUND REALLY GOOD AFTER 20 YEARS. CAN I GET TWO MORE SATELLITES AND USE THEM AS SURROUND SPEAKERS??

R

READER

Enthusiast
I HAVE THESE SPEAKERS AND THEY STILL SOUND REALLY GOOD AFTER 20 YEARS. CAN I GET TWO MORE SATELLITES AND USE THEM AS SURROUND SPEAKERS??
I HAVE A YAMAHA RX-V777 RECEIVER. CAN I USE THEM FOR ALL 6 POSITIONS? AND SHOULD I SET SPEAKERS TO SMALL? AND WONT THAT OVER-BURDEN THE ORIGHINAL PSW100 SUB??

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I HAVE A YAMAHA RX-V777 RECEIVER. CAN I USE THEM FOR ALL 6 POSITIONS? AND SHOULD I SET SPEAKERS TO SMALL? AND WONT THAT OVER-BURDEN THE ORIGHINAL PSW100 SUB??
NO IT WONT OVERBURDEN THE PSW100, ALTHOUGH IT'S POSSIBLE YOU COULD BENEFIT FROM A MORE POWERFUL SUBWOOFER LIKE THE HSU STF-2. I WOULD DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMEND SETTING THE SATS TO LARGE, SMALL IS PREFERRED.

R

READER

Enthusiast
NO IT WONT OVERBURDEN THE PSW100, ALTHOUGH IT'S POSSIBLE YOU COULD BENEFIT FROM A MORE POWERFUL SUBWOOFER LIKE THE HSU STF-2. I WOULD DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMEND SETTING THE SATS TO LARGE, SMALL IS PREFERRED.

R

READER

Enthusiast
I am currently running 5.1 with Polk M3's (51/4" driver--1/2" tweeter) as surround. YPAO defaults them to large. Should I also reset THOSE to small? And do you think it will matter if the M3s are the rear wall mounted or would that position be better for the sats (after i purchase them). i appreciate your input

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
YPAO is wrong. Set the to small to enable cross-over. and don't write with capslock on. It's considered shouting out loud.

R

READER

Enthusiast
Oops Didn't mean to shout. I'm an old fart that hunts and pecks with two fingers. I will take a little more care in the future.

R

READER

Enthusiast
I found a set of barely used paradigm ADP-100 di-pole speakers in my basement. I have a RX-V777 receiver that puts out 95-110 watts it says. My Polk RM7000 is 8 ohms. These ADP-100's say-- amplifier range:15-80 watts --typical program: 60 watts -- nominal: 6 ohms/minimum: 4 ohms. Is there any way these dipoles will work with my system?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I found a set of barely used paradigm ADP-100 di-pole speakers in my basement. I have a RX-V777 receiver that puts out 95-110 watts it says. My Polk RM7000 is 8 ohms. These ADP-100's say-- amplifier range:15-80 watts --typical program: 60 watts -- nominal: 6 ohms/minimum: 4 ohms. Is there any way these dipoles will work with my system?
Yes, they should be fine.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis