Polk Monitor Series

M

myriad1973

Audioholic
I've been seeing some good deals for Monitor 70's, CS1's, and Monitor 40's. Does anybody own these speakers? How do they sound? Is $650 a good deal for the whole set (fronts, center, surrounds)?

J

jaysonbarnett

Audioholic Intern
I have had the monitors, and the rti series for a long time now and i love both of them for their own different quality's. Just so you know people will say both series sound better for home theater than music because they are to bright. Me personally i think they sound great for music but others will disagree, so what i am getting at is you should go and hear them for yourself and that is a great deal. one thing you should keep in mind when you go see them is: check to see what was :Ddriving them (receiver, amp,etc) just to see if they were ran to loud without enough power. This is something you should always keep in mind when you audition any speaker. Hope this helps

J

jaysonbarnett

Audioholic Intern
o yeah i just noticed you have the same receiver and now i can tell you with that amp polks sound great, but again this is subjective.:D

jinjuku

jinjuku

I've been seeing some good deals for Monitor 70's, CS1's, and Monitor 40's. Does anybody own these speakers? How do they sound? Is $650 a good deal for the whole set (fronts, center, surrounds)?
$650 is a really good deal for that setup. I have done your configuration twice now for friends via NewEgg.

The Monitor 70's are a good solid speaker given their price.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I'm currently using the monitor 60's. I like them a lot, but as mentioned they are bright. their sound may not be to everyone's liking.

M

myriad1973

Audioholic
I tend to prefer bright speakers. I listen to mostly rock, so that is suited to my taste, thanks.

M

myriad1973

Audioholic
Any idea how the Monitor series compares to the (old) RTi series?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis