Please help a clueless girl!

amberpie

amberpie

Audiophyte
Hello! My roommate left this all behind and says he doesn't need it anymore. I would like to sell it all but I am just a girl who knows absolutely nothing about this stuff or what its worth! What would you price the following for:

Sherwood RV-5050R Receiver
Sherwood SP-250A Subwoofer
Sherwood SP-200 3 Speaker 2 way system
Sherwood SP-200 2 speaker 2 way REAR speaker system

Thanks!!

amberpie

amberpie

Audiophyte
Where are you located? Pics? Of you, not the equipment. :)
You may want to try Match.com. I hear its a better place to pick up girls rather than trolling audio equipment forums.. :rolleyes:

.. anyone else have an opinion on the value of the audio equipment?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

You probably have, but if not, check out resale sites on the web such as eBay and Craiglist. I did a quick look on Google, but I figure that I'm probably just seeing what you've already found. Other than that, I don't have a sense for the going price on those. Best of luck!

amberpie

amberpie

Audiophyte
Thanks Adam, I did do a lot of searching on Google already. I was able to find 2 sales on just the Subwoofer via Ebay and Craigslist selling for around $40. As far as the receiver and speakers, I couldn't find any current sales. I did find one sight that said the receiver once sold for around $500.

So I still have no idea what to price the group for...$175? Would that seem fair? or over/under priced?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks Adam, I did do a lot of searching on Google already. I was able to find 2 sales on just the Subwoofer via Ebay and Craigslist selling for around $40. As far as the receiver and speakers, I couldn't find any current sales. I did find one sight that said the receiver once sold for around $500.

So I still have no idea what to price the group for...$175? Would that seem fair? or over/under priced?
Probably about $150 for Craigslist. You will get more on eBay. Do a search and click on completed sales, that will tell you what you are likely to get for each item.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Funny, considering your intro and the fact that you are *smart* enough to register for an A/V forum, so I imagine you know how to use the Google machine, as well as other resources. But keep playing the "helpless girl" card, it'll ensure you get plenty of attention.

Audiogon may be a good resource.
Wow ,way to be an total A** dude. Your 1st comment was so classy as well...,back to the topic at hand ,I would say ask $150 for it all on Craigslist....its a fair place to start anyway and you might get it....cheers. And Crackerballer, thanks for making a GREAT 1st impression of our forums.....nice dude ,really nice.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Wow ,way to be an total A** dude. Your 1st comment was so classy as well...,back to the topic at hand ,I would say ask $150 for it all on Craigslist....its a fair place to start anyway and you might get it....cheers. And Crackerballer, thanks for making a GREAT 1st impression of our forums.....nice dude ,really nice.
Yea, guess you missed that smiley face at the end, followed by my liking her comment, and then recommending probably the best site for the type of research she needs. You don't take well to sarcasm do you?

I feel I was pretty in line with my post for someone who registers and makes a post titled about her being a "clueless girl" (I'm sure you all rushed in for other reasons) and then asks what something is worth so she can sell it. Are you going to make it?

J

jamie2112

Banned
Yea, guess you missed that smiley face at the end, followed by my liking her comment, and then recommending probably the best site for the type of research she needs. You don't take well to sarcasm do you?

I feel I was pretty in line with my post for someone who registers and makes a post titled about her being a "clueless girl" (I'm sure you all rushed in for other reasons) and then asks what something is worth so she can sell it. Are you going to make it?
Whatever , classless is your MO thats fine..have a great day, I have made it already.........:D

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
You could probably get $250 on Craigs for the whole lot. Clean it all up, list it for $300 and add some pics of the equipment. Good luck.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...(I'm sure you all rushed in for other reasons)...
Well, I was hoping to get a date. It is Audioholics, after all. I figure that it's a great place to meet women because everyone says that this is a total meat market. Wait...that is what "sausage fest" means, right?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Hello! My roommate left this all behind and says he doesn't need it anymore. I would like to sell it all but I am just a girl who knows absolutely nothing about this stuff or what its worth! What would you price the following for:

Sherwood RV-5050R Receiver
Sherwood SP-250A Subwoofer
Sherwood SP-200 3 Speaker 2 way system
Sherwood SP-200 2 speaker 2 way REAR speaker system

Thanks!!
Before you try to sell any of that you should test it out by hooking it up and giving it a listen. That's what this forum can best help you with. Who knows, you might like it and decide to keep it but at least you'll know it is in working order if you do sell.

If any of you guys want pictures of me just say so. I'm not shy and as always it's clothing optional. :eek: :D

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
I've never personally known a female willingly refer to herself as a "clueless girl". Just sayin'.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
OP, I apologize, seems some of my sarcasm was lost on other members, even though you took it like a champ and continued.

Seriously though, I agree with hooking everything up and testing it out, then monitor Audiogon as well as Ebay to see what others are asking.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm torn between the not so mild sarcasm (can't take a joke), white knighting and zhimbo's subtle jab....

My gut tells me zhimbo has a valid point and in general OP posts tone give me impression we are might be dealing here with a dude ...

That said, I think what OP has is what I'd call - "pile of de-la-crap" and she/he will be lucky to get rid of it on CL for $100. But yea - still cleaning and pictures (of the equipment) are still highly recommended.

shopgoodwill.com - #7941113 - SHERWOOD RV-5050R Digi Line III A / V Receiver - 5/27/2011 2:45:59 PM
Prologic AVR, a passive sub and few crappy speakers = Sorry, I don't see value here for $250, 175 or even $150

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Whether the OP is a girl or not, I don't know. The "clueless girl" is a definite "hey boys look at me!" cheap ploy.

Regardless, I'd put the lot on Craigslist for $150 and call myself happy.

B

bmurphy2121

Audioholic
I also smell some BS here......Im sorry but Im pretty sure that now days almost everyone knows how to search stuff on the net.....kinda funny that she/he knew it was a "Sherwood SP-200 3 Speaker 2 way system
Sherwood SP-200 2 speaker 2 way REAR speaker system". If you have no clue about this stuff then how would you know that statement that you made? I would be willing to bet that its a troll that is trying to brag/sell there stuff and not looking stupid asking about it........Oh well trolls gona troll...

amberpie

amberpie

Audiophyte
WOW.
1. Yes I am a girl.
2. Yes I am CLUELESS when it comes to audio equipment. I did not say I was clueless in general. I also know when to ask for help when I need it. I really thought an audio forum was designed to ask questions about these things, am I wrong?
3. THANK YOU so much to all of you who gave me some prices. I definitely have a good idea of what to list it for now.
4. I already know that all of the equipment works, as my prior roommate had it all hooked up and working great when he lived with me.

And finally, as to me stating that I am a female, every SMART and SAVVY woman who needed a quick answer to a question in what I presume to be a male dominated forum would have done the same.
So calm down. Its not as if I was standing on a street corner in lingerie with a sign reading "help me with my audio equipment".

B

bmurphy2121

Audioholic
Its not as if I was standing on a street corner in lingerie with a sign reading "help me with my audio equipment".[/QUOTE]

Had you done that with a pic you would of had an even quicker answer to your question.....lol

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis