Planning a Home theater setup

P

painitin

Audiophyte
Hi All,

I am planning to do a 7.1 Home theater in my living room. When I bought the house it had a pre-existing wiring on the ceiling of the living room for 7.1 system. The living room a open concept living room so there is just 6 feet wall on one side for the back surround speaker.
I have a Klipsch Quintet 5.0 speaker system and Klipsch KS-14 Surround speaker with Denon AVR-900W receiver and Hsu research Subwoofer.
I am in a dilemma to whether to mount the speakers on ceiling or how to do the setup. Should I place the subwoofer at the back or front below the TV or to the side of the TV
I can mount the 5 speakers and 1 surround speaker with less difficulty, but for 1 surround speaker I need to hang it on a mount. Which mount will be good to hang the surround speaker.
The living room is 24 x 24 so it is big room. As the living room has pre-existing wires I don't want to do a whole setup of fishing wires thru drywall to bring it on a sitting level and then also I will have a problem of setting up 1 left surround speaker as there is no wall.
Could someone please suggest me a good workaround this and mounts for surround speakers. The surround speakers are 8.5 lbs each.

Thanks in advance

Nitin

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis