Placing subs in an enclosure?

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
Is it possible to place subwoofers in an enclosure with the electronic equipment?

I have built a custom enclosure out of solid oak 7ft in length by 1.65 ft depth and 4ft in height. the shelving is 1/2 inch thick with a hefty base. The main speakers and the center channel are also built in. Will placing the subs in the enclosure rattle the electronics to pieces?

Equipment list:

1. Yamaha RXZ9 receiver
2. Yamaha S796 DVD player
3. Monster HTS3500mkII powercenter
4. Sony SACD 5 disc player
5. B&O Beocord tape player
6. B&W DM602s2 bookshelve speakers
7. B&W LCR6OO Center channel
8. B&W ASW675 subs x 2
9. Energy 5.1 satallite presence speakers

Attachments

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Aliixer said:
Is it possible to place subwoofers in an enclosure with the electronic equipment?

I have built a custom enclosure out of solid oak 7ft in length by 1.65 ft depth and 4ft in height. the shelving is 1/2 inch thick with a hefty base. The main speakers and the center channel are also built in. Will placing the subs in the enclosure rattle the electronics to pieces?
Yes, it is possible and seems you would like this for achitectural reasons, I bet.
You may, most likely not get the best from your sub, or from the speakers, for that matter.

The sub will not rattle your components apart but may reveal loose parts of the built in enclosure or may rattle some component cabinets at some level and frequency of resonances.

You will not know how much until you try. Maybe there won't be anything.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis