Placement for my new apartment

Saint

Saint

Junior Audioholic
Here's my setup:

I have a full Axiom setup, M22s, qs-8s, VP-100, EP-175 and a Hitachi 51" RP tv.

Where do you reocmmend I place everything?

Y

Yamaman

Junior Audioholic
that's one big picture.

I'd put the TV against partition wall between the bedroom and living room. The other logical place would be against the opposite wall, but that wouldn't be as good due to traffic between the kitchen and balcony. Align a sofa, chairs, etc along the opposite wall, but not against it, leaving space behind for people to walk.

Condos/apts not the easiest to configure due to relatively tight quarters.

Or turn the bedroom into a home theatre and sleep on the couch (gotta know your priorities) :D

Or turn the cupboard into a component rack and put the projection TV against the other wall in the dining area (again, gotta know your priorities).

Actually, it may help to submit dimensions so we get a better account of the space

Karp

Karp

Audioholic
How high are the windows across the front? Are they above speaker level?You may want to consider corner placement of the television. Place the speakers about 4 feet to either side and the surrounds by the cupboard and to the left of the door. Your main listening area would face the corner and you could also view from the dining area. Other than that, I would go with Yamaman's suggestion.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
You just don't have a good setup for surround speakers. I like Yams input: convert the bedroom and a bunk in the living room :D

Saint

Saint

Junior Audioholic
The windows are unfortunately full to the ceiling, no room for surrounds.

The "living room" area is about 300 sq. feet, while the dining room alcove isn't really an option because it's only 9 feet across whcih I find too close for proper 51" t.v. viewing. You've got to be as far back as possible.

I'm not converting my bedroom into a HT room but thanks for the suggestion :)

I'll make sure to get heavy blinds to keep sun out.

What do you think of this?

Basically put the TV against the shared bedroom wall, put a wraparound couch across from it, and the QS-8s against the back wall (as they're quad-polar they're pretty good speakers if no ideal HT setup is possible) (the red represents the speakers, the blue, the couches).

Where would the sub go in this config?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Saint said:
I'll make sure to get heavy blinds to keep sun out.
Where would the sub go in this config?

Make sure it has blackout features. The pull lines are inside the material, no holes as you'd get light leak and distracting. You may have to have a light blocker at the ends of the blinds.

Sub location? Try a corner first that is nearby.

Y

Yamaman

Junior Audioholic
Yes, as per my initial suggestion. Seems like the best arrangement

Good Luck!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis