pioneer vsx-d307 problem

J

jp82

Audiophyte
I have a vsx-d307 a/v receiver and when i turn it on it will stay on for about 3 seconds and then power off blinks on the display and it shuts itself off,what could cause this there is nothing hooked up to it yet?Also is ther a wa to do factory reset on it from the unit itself because i have no remote.Thanks

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

Check around the speaker terminals and make sure that you don't have any loose metal strands (i.e. from speaker wires) bridging between two of the terminals. That can cause a short circuit and shut the unit off. You can also hit the "SPEAKER" button on the front panel to turn the speakers off, which will shut the internal amps off.

As for resetting the unit, I didn't see that mentioned in the manual. You can unplug it for a while (say, 30-60 minutes) and see if that will help clear things up. That likely isn't long enough to do a factory reset, but it can help remove static charge from the electronics.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a vsx-d307 a/v receiver and when i turn it on it will stay on for about 3 seconds and then power off blinks on the display and it shuts itself off,what could cause this there is nothing hooked up to it yet?Also is ther a wa to do factory reset on it from the unit itself because i have no remote.Thanks
The unit is totally shot, and not worth wasting time on. It shuts down before you could do a reset. In any event, I'm pretty certain those old pro logic receivers were all before the rest era. That unit is not worth another second of your time, or spending one red cent on.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis