T

Tshepo

Audiophyte
Please help, I only get sound from my subwoofer and no other speakers on my Pioneer VSX 520 K, I've checked all my cables, tried almost everything on the user manual but still no joy. Tried to raise the "CH Levels" on my other speakers put it up to 10db on both the front left and right speakers but still no joy. What surprises me is that I still get a test tone on the subwoofer although it's on 0db, no test tone from any other speakers. My last resort was to reset the receiver to factory defaults but I still get sound only from my subwoofer.

Thank You in Advance
Tshepo

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
If you don't get test tones you may have a dead amp section. If there is a way to reset to factory defaults I'd do it just to see. I have the 521 and I don't recall if that's an available setting. You have a bad storm last night or something?

T

Tshepo

Audiophyte
If you don't get test tones you may have a dead amp section. If there is a way to reset to factory defaults I'd do it just to see. I have the 521 and I don't recall if that's an available setting. You have a bad storm last night or something?
I didn't have a bad storm or anything, it just went dead by itself whilist I was listening to some music stored on my USB flash disk. I suspected that my dad sat on top of the remote or something because he was in the lounge, but he denied having touched anything. There is a way of reseting to factory defaults but I still get no joy. You just put the receiver on standby and then on the front panel of the receiver, you press and hold the "Band" button in, whilist holding it in, you press the "Standby" and then it will display "Reset ?" on the front panel, so you just press "Auto/Direct", then it will display "OK ?", after that you need to press "Stereo/ALC" to confirm, only then will the receiver reset itself to the factory defaults. But hey, I am still getting no joy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis