J

jrgsmnn

Audiophyte
I have read a number of posts about the VSX-43 receiver from Pioneer and trouble with surround sound. However, I haven't found an answer for my particular problem and I would like some help. I currently have a Philips Plasma HDTV (about 5 years old), a Cox DVR set top box and a Sony Blu-Ray player all hooked up to my VSX-43 with HDMI cables. I also have a Sony SubWoofer connected with an audio cable. I ran the MCACC setup and all 6 speakers were recognized. If I play a DVD I am getting full surround but when watching TV I'm not getting anything out of my rear speakers. I know the shows are broadcast in 5.1 Surround but am at a loss trying to figure out what is wrong. Thanks for any help out there!

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
When you say TV, I assume you're talking about the Cox STB, which you say is connected to the receiver via HDMI.

You might want to check the configuration of the STB.

2ndammendment

Junior Audioholic
Make sure your receiver is set to an audio decoder that supports surround sound(i.e. not stereo). Also make sure your cable box has 5.1 surround sound enabled in the audio settings.

itschris

itschris

I have a different cable box, but mine has a specific audio section where you choose the output type. So as 2nd said above, make sure these settings are what you need.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis