Pioneer VSX-1131 vs Yamaha V681 with Klipsch speakers

A

Alarm

Audiophyte
Hello ! I ordered a few days ago the following Klipsch speakers: RP-260F, RP-160, RP-250C and now i am trying to find a receiver for them.

I am between Pioneer VSX-1131 and Yamaha V681. The price is almost the same. The specs are almost the same (10Watt/ 2 channel difference) . Wifi connectivity is almost identical as also the rest of the features. Ok , 1 more HDMI inpute and outeput on the Pioneer, but also this is not a feature that i need that much.

Both of them have a rating score above 4 out of 5 . I see some complaints on the Web for the Pioneer but also many positive reviews.

Any suggestions ? I really can't decide as almost every factor on those two receiver is pretty much the same. I do not have any personal experience on which receiver the calibration is better or which one is easier to use/configure.

Thank you.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
I guess it's down to which room correction you prefer, I've heard good things about both but have no personal experience. As you know, a 10 watts per channel difference is nothing, and most power ratings aren't always entirely accurate anyways. Klipsch speakers can reach deafening volume levels with very little power anyways so I wouldn't worry about it.

What I'd personally do is download the manual for both and flip through the different settings/configurations and see which one seems the best fit for your needs.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis