Pioneer SC-LX90 vs Onkyo TX-RZ900

S

Simon Dagostino

Audiophyte
Hi Guys,

I am new in this forum but all my life in Home Cinema but now I am confuse because I have the
Pioneer SC-LX90 Susano and I am happy with it but I can't pass 4K from it and piss me off
about it,but waste to sell it and lose lot of money that why I am confuse.

Then I saw the Onkyo TX-RZ900 if I use it as a processor and the Pioneer SC-LX90 use it as
a amp I make the right choice or I use only the Onkyo TX-RZ900.

I need your help Gene and all of guys what shall I do?:oops::(

Attachments

Last edited:
G

GIEGAR

Full Audioholic
Simon, what are your 4K/UltraHD sources? If you get/have sources with dual HDMI 2.0a outputs, you can route 4K/UltraHD video direct to the TV via the main HDMI output and HD audio to the Susano for processing via the "sub" HDMI output. The Samsung UBD-K8500 UltraHD Blu-ray player is an example of a source with dual HDMI 2.0a outputs. Using this method you can retain use of the Susano well into the future (hopefully) and still enjoy 4K/UltraHD video.

Even without sources with dual HDMI 2.0a outputs, you are able to route video and audio direct to the TV and then output audio from the TV to the Susano. Most TV's will output up to Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 (tough to reliably distinguish from HD audio) via their optical &/or coaxial digital ports.

You're really only limited in how far you can take this by the number of HDMI inputs on your 4K/UltraHD TV.

BTW, any relation to this guy? :D

S

Simon Dagostino

Audiophyte
Simon, what are your 4K/UltraHD sources? If you get/have sources with dual HDMI 2.0a outputs, you can route 4K/UltraHD video direct to the TV via the main HDMI output and HD audio to the Susano for processing via the "sub" HDMI output. The Samsung UBD-K8500 UltraHD Blu-ray player is an example of a source with dual HDMI 2.0a outputs. Using this method you can retain use of the Susano well into the future (hopefully) and still enjoy 4K/UltraHD video.

Even without sources with dual HDMI 2.0a outputs, you are able to route video and audio direct to the TV and then output audio from the TV to the Susano. Most TV's will output up to Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 (tough to reliably distinguish from HD audio) via their optical &/or coaxial digital ports.

You're really only limited in how far you can take this by the number of HDMI inputs on your 4K/UltraHD TV.

BTW, any relation to this guy? :D

Thank you for reply and I agree 100% but I don't want for ultra HD player I am solve it with my Panasonic DMP-UB900 that have 2 output HDMI more I use it for my media player popcorn hour vten that is 4k 30fps and don't want to use output Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 because I lose DTSHD and Dolby TrueHD.

That's way I am trying the Onkyo TX-RZ900 and use it as a processor I thing the sound well be better or not? or sell my Pioneer SC-LX90 Susano and lose lot of money
and nothing I can do.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
I was in a similar situation to you before I purchased my amp.I had a VSX-AX10aig receiver by pioneer and purchased the Denon AVP-A1HD pre/pro.I used the Pioneer's multi-channel inputs for my 7.1 surround into my Denon pre/pro with the sub going to my AVP pre/pro and got a great sound but no where near the intensity off my dedicated matching POA amp paired with my AVP.You should get good results with your pioneer Susano as an amp set to stereo and 0db volume and let the onkyo do the processing and then control volume from it.I only say that because my own plans were to buy the POA amp when I had the money,which I eventually did.If you want 4K and the onkyo can pass it then go for it you can then save up later on for a dedicated amp and retire the pioneer to another system.That's what I did.This is just 1 option and is only relevant to what you really want out of your system.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis