Pioneer SC-2022 question

N

Nanaea

Audioholic Intern
Hey guys simple question here, when was the Pioneer SC-2022 released? and when should it be replaced?

I've found this article in the news of pioneer and it only mentions the VSX range. link

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. According to some quick research, including this press release from Pioneer, it would have been no earlier than May of 2012. Pioneer tends to have an annual cycle with their receivers.

M

Matt R

Audiophyte
Hi. The new Pioneer line of AVR's came out about a month ago. I've been waiting for the new elites. I think it's usually around this time of year that the new ones come out. Two are on their page now, but I can't find them anywhere yet. The VSX-70 looks good, but I haven't seen any actual reviews yet.

Im replacing my old Pioneer VSX-21TXH
Hooked up to Samsung ES8000 60", XBOX

M

Matt R

Audiophyte
Did some research. The SC-2022 is a very nice receiver. The only notable new feature in 2013 is the 4K upscaling and pass-thru.
The new receivers they have announced so far, are not as powerful as yours. I wouldn't upgrade unless you are planning to buy a 4K TV and those are about the price of a new car right now.

N

Nanaea

Audioholic Intern
Yeah it is, and i'm not planning on upgrading yet i was just curious since i had seen that the new VSX line was coming out but no news on the SC replacement. Btw another feauture that some people like that is not available on the SC-2022 is to stream 1080p content from a handheld device.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis