P

Philippeberle

Audiophyte
I have purchased a pioneer vsx-43 and the installation went really well. However, when I play a Blu-ray Disc under auto surround it does not play 5.1 surround. After reading the manual over and over it says that the receiver should automatically select the appriate settings under auto surround.

Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
A couple of questions.

First, how do you have the BD player connected to the receiver? Are you using HDMI or something else? You should be using HDMI from the player to the receiver. Otherwise, you cannot get the new surround formats on BD. Do not use any other connection from your BD player to your receiver (otherwise, you might accidentally select the wrong signal and not get surround sound).

Second, have you made sure that you selected the right soundtrack on the BD that you are playing? Some BDs have only mono sound, due to the movie being old and them putting the original soundtrack on the disc.

As it says on page 25 of your manual, you may need to change settings on the BD player. The receiver will not give you proper surround sound if the player does not send it properly to the receiver.

You also need to make sure you have selected the right audio input signal in the receiver (also on page 25):

Selecting the audio input signal
The audio input signal can be selected for each input source. Once it is set, the audio input that was selected will be applied whenever you select the input source using the input function buttons.

You will want to read all of the section that I partially quote above.

Do you have any other sources hooked up to the receiver that have surround sound? If so, do they work in surround sound with the receiver?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis