Pioneer Elite SC-79 Receiver with HDBaseT

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
At the Pioneer listening room in the High Performance Audio room at CEDIA we got to check out the SC-79 AV receiver. This is a 9.2-channel 200 watt per channel amplifier that is the flagship of Pioneer's line. It has some very interesting new features. It has 8 HDMI inputs, which is pretty impressive, but it also has two HDMI outs. That's not typically unusual, but what is unusual is what Pioneer did with the third Zone. The third Zone has HDBT (HDBaseT) which is really, really awesome.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/diB1YVhkGF0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Check out the Pioneer Elite SC-79 Receiver with HDBaseT

D

davelive

Audiophyte
I just installed one of these in my personal home theater. I have it running in 7.1 mode with Bi-amp front speakers. I also am using the HDBaseT connection to run to a second TV in another room via Cat6 ethernet cable to a monoprice HDBaseT to HDMI converter. It is a pretty amazing system. I would like to see Pioneer update the firmware for Multichannel DSD audio file playback support via PC. (Right now it only supports 2 channel playback in DSD format).

I bought this system because I wanted a musical/listenable 2 channel system for stereo audio content from my analog sources (Phono and Reel to Reel) that I could run in "Direct" mode to skip unwanted digital processing, as well as have an awesome home theater system for DTS/Dolby Digital 7.1 playback.

I think the Sabre32 DAC sounds wonderful and I couldn't be happier.

K

kirks22m

Audiophyte
Pioneer Elite sc-75

Bought a brand new pioneer elite sc-75 had nice sound when it was working. last about a week then died. So make sure you buy from a pioneer dealer. or you will have a paper weight if it breaks. Used to be a fan of pioneer but I think there customer support is horrible and they don't stand behind there products that they make. So makes me question there quality. Also never buy from Independent Audio Video there scam artists.

V

vetteman

Audiophyte
denon 4520 vs this pioneer

the website said that the pioneer is 145 a channel this is saying its 200

which do you think is better sounding denon or pioneer

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis