Pioneer Elite Prototype Receiver 160Wx7!

Pioneer showed off a prototype Elite receiver at CEDIA. They provided some details, but stated no projected release date or suggested retail pricing. It looks like they are really stepping up their implementation of MCACC as well as introducing HDMI switching - something you'll start seeing a lot of on flagship products from the major manufacturers.

Here are the details we have on it so far:

160 Watts x 7 @ 6-ohms (20Hz - 20kHz) w/Advanced Direct Energy MOSFET amplification
HDMI switching
LINK (IEEE 1394/Firewire)
Dolby Pro Logic IIx
THX Ultra II & Air Studios Sound Tuning
New improved Auto MCACC Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration w/PC Connection via RS-232C for MCACC display and printout
Supports all Dolby and DTS in 96kHz/24-bit resolution
Component video switching & upconversion
Multi-channel USB input for PC audio
New touch screen remote control​
Read More Info from the CEDIA Report

Attachments

F

fwgwani

Enthusiast
Any more news in regards to this item? I tried guessing the model number. Like many, the logical choice would be 69TXi, but couldn't find anything else other than thta article. Anyone know when this is coming out?

B

Brent McCall

Audiophyte
Pioneer was kind enough to loan this unit to me for the EHExpo West.
When I last talked with them about it a part number and date had not been set.
It is my understanding that they were finishing up the finial tests when HDMI 1.2 announced (allowing for multi-channel descrete audio). This will slow the release as I am sure they want to offer all of the HDMI options.
My guess CEDIA.
BTW: Those are my HDMI cables in the photo from CEDIA 04.

F

fwgwani

Enthusiast
What is that middle componenet? Also is that why the 59TXi is being sold for $2500 on most Internet websites? I'm wondering if I should just wait for the 69Txi(that's what I'm going to refer to it as...)

Thanks for the info

B

Brent McCall

Audiophyte
If HDMI is a concern, I would wait untill CEDIA. Hopefully the standard will be more solid by then. The middle unit, I think is the media control for their Elite plasma products.
BTW: Pioneer & Denon have the best HDMI implementation right now.
I am using the DV59 on the 5040 plasma with my 15 meter HDMI cable. WOW!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis