E

ECLIPSEONYA

Junior Audioholic
Alright I'm in the market for a flat panel and have narrowed it down to three. The deal is though this thing is probably gonna sit around for about 6 months before I get to use it. SO do I go ahead and pull the trigger on one of these three at these prices or wait the six months and get left out in the cold? Heres the list

Panny TH-58PZ800U for $2400
Samsung LN52A650 for $1750
Pioneer PDP-5020FD for $1900

E

ECLIPSEONYA

Junior Audioholic
I will be watching HD programming via DIrecTV. I am huge on sports and I also have an itch for some video gaming. My goal is to have an excellent home theater however.

E

ECLIPSEONYA

Junior Audioholic
Military speak, I know some good deals are going on right now and I don't want to miss out but I'm gonna be geographically seperated from said display.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
gotcha. well, i don't know. i was shopping for sets that last few months. i have seen the prices going up some, just after jan 1st. but they have seemed to level off. perhaps they will come down some. so, if i were you, just wait till you can get to use it. other than that, get the biggests you can. but don't get a 73" if you are going to be sitting 6' from it.

R

rekced

Audioholic
Alright I'm in the market for a flat panel and have narrowed it down to three. The deal is though this thing is probably gonna sit around for about 6 months before I get to use it. SO do I go ahead and pull the trigger on one of these three at these prices or wait the six months and get left out in the cold? Heres the list

My vote goes to the 50 or 58'' Panasonic but you might also want to throw the Samsung PN58A650 in the mix. I think Panasonic has the edge but they are both fantastic.

C

clouso

Banned

with all the reviews i read i would go with the pana!...btw someone knows why the 800u arent on their site...i only see the new pz800 on the pana site!?

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I'd sit tight. These things are not going to get more expensive. You might have a different mindset a half year from now. In fact if you can wait another 3 months, it'll already be black friday time again. Not that you won't find deals prior.

You can also learn a lot about this stuff in 6 months, during the meanwhile. ;)

E

ECLIPSEONYA

Junior Audioholic
True. True. I just want to be able to set this stuff up as soon as I get back and not have to wait on shipping, etc. Its going to have been a while since I enjoyed some HD and it will be football season. Definitely agree with Black Friday though.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
you said 6 months. so take 5 months to make up your mind. let technology advance, and prices to hopefully drop.

besides. you even wonder what could possibly happen to that nice new gear while it is waiting for you to get to it ?

D

D-Jingle

Enthusiast
they wont go up, but they will disappear

I vote for the Panny for quality.

I vote for the Samsung for value.

just dont wait forever. the new model pannys and sammys are out in march and the retailers dont want to have any in stock by then!

dont get caught in the cold unless you decide you would prefer the new models. the new models are thinner and sharper.

Hipnotic4

Hipnotic4

Full Audioholic
Waiting will only leave you with room to get something cheaper and probally better...like someone else said, new pannys comming out in March. Technology moves so fast, 6months is like 5years..lotta new stuff comming out

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
^yep. Someone I know says that the new Panny's at CES looked just fantastic.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis