PHILIPS DVD795SA 5-Disc DVD / SACD Changer

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

For sale: one PHILIPS DVD795SA 5-Disc DVD / SACD Changer, in immaculate condition, absolutely like-new. The unit is a couple months old with maybe 20 hrs on it. Haven't even filled out the warranty card. I have the box, remote, & all packaging materials.

This unit is very interesting in that if upsamples Redbook CD. The upsamper can be turned off, but after trying it I doubt you'll ever want to. The sound is very good for a carousel this inexpensive, at least with upsampling engaged.

SACD playback is also nice. This machine will not play DVD-A, however. I have a Denon 2200 that I use for that anyway. Video performance may be a tad short of the Denon, but if so the diff is subtle. And the Denon costs 4X as much.

So why am I selling it? I bought it to replace my flaky CD carousel, hoping I could also use it to play back my "DVD-M" discs (DVD-Rs with 24/96 music files). However, while the Philips is rated to play several types of recordable DVDs, it doesn't like the brand I use. And since I use only full-face injet printable Prodisc DVD-Rs, there really aren't any other comparable discs that I can do the same thing with. And I already have 6 other DVD players...

I'm asking $125, shipped to the lower 48. Obviously an APO or something would be more.

Thanks for looking.

U

Unregistered

If this sale does not go through, please let me know as i am interested in this player.

P.S. Is the unit silver or black?

Thanks,

Olen Ronning
olen@o-ron.com

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Sorry, I did just ship it out- I just installed a new HD in my PC so I've been busy reinstalling everythings & forgot to post that it sold.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis