Philharmonic 2s for sale

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Hello everyone.

It is with great sorrow that I announce that my Philharmonic 2s are up for sale.

They are the original, satin black cabinets Dennis first sold.

The left speaker (in my setup) has 3 blemishes/nicks: Two on the front roundover and one on the right side of the cabinet. Only one blemish can be seen from afar. It also has some scratches, but because of the satin finish, they can only be seen when looking very close with a flashlight.

The right speaker does not have any nicks or scratches that I could see as I walked around.

They have been kept in a non-smoking household.

I am asking for USD 1750.

Feel free to PM for pictures.

I have the original boxes and a FedEx shipping account, so shipping should be cheaper than normal.

Thanks, everyone.

-Monk

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
You should post pictures here, I'm interested to see how those look even tho I'm not into buying them. Pretty sure you can find buyer quite easily for those speakers.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The Phil 2's are the bang for the buck Philharmonic option. I actually heard Dennis himself say that. Congrat's in advance to their new owners.

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
I had a hard time accepting this when I first read it. I can't imagine selling my towers, especially a first pair of customs from Mr Murphy. Wish I had the money to buy em so I could sell em back to you later and just have you store em for me. ;)
Truly heartfelt best wishes with whatever it is you may be going through. I truly hope it's nothing too serious.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Thank you so very much for the very kind sentiment, Johnnie. I am selling for a number of reasons, some practical and others economic. Nothing so serious that it can't be fixed with a little time.

The Phils have quite the sentimental value and I will miss them very much, but it's not practical for me to keep them. Somebody out there is looking for great sound on a low budget, and the Phil 2 is the personification of that trait. I'd rather pass the torch than sit on them and let them go unused for a long period.

Thanks again for posting. That was quite nice. :D

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Sorry about the terrible quality. I have only my smartphone for pictures.

Here are the twins:

0514171722_HDR (1).jpg

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Too bad you have to sell these. I remember they sound great. It might help if you let people know what drivers are in the Phil2, as I don't think its on the Philharmonic Audio web page anymore.

The Phil2 and Phil3 have the same mid range and tweeters. The only difference was in the woofer. If I remember correctly, the Phil2 woofer is an SB Acoustics 8", and the Phil3 has the much more expensive Scan Speak 8" Revelator.

Is that right?

jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
It would totally be worth the drive to LA if I didn't just build a new PC and spend 30 grand on a new roof...
Maybe just a few overtime shifts.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
That sounds less than pleasant. Good luck!

Try stuffing your ported boxes with cash...they'll never look there. ;)

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
That sounds less than pleasant. Good luck!

Thanks

Try stuffing your ported boxes with cash...they'll never look there. ;)
When they come to liquidate my personal belongings to pay their unconstitutional income tax, I'd be out both. :(

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I would really love to pick these up too...I'd have to sell off a few pairs of what I have though. GLWS.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis