Philco vintage speakers questions

G

greengene

Audiophyte
I purchased a nice Philco console stereo and removed the old components and am installing some other vintage equipment. My question is the right and left speakers are sharing the negative and when I turn my receiver speaker control to right or left the speakers do not cut all the way out to just one side or the other. Should I separate the negative to each side and this would resolve the issue and give me a true stereo sound or is there more to this, these are some cool speakers in the cabinet and I want to use them, there are about 5 speakers on each side. woofer, tweeters and midrange. Thank you for your help.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I purchased a nice Philco console stereo and removed the old components and am installing some other vintage equipment. My question is the right and left speakers are sharing the negative and when I turn my receiver speaker control to right or left the speakers do not cut all the way out to just one side or the other. Should I separate the negative to each side and this would resolve the issue and give me a true stereo sound or is there more to this, these are some cool speakers in the cabinet and I want to use them, there are about 5 speakers on each side. woofer, tweeters and midrange. Thank you for your help.
All amps share a negative, it is at ground potential. Not all balance controls completely cut out a speaker, they are just a fine control.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis