D

DubPlate

Audioholic Intern
During setup, my preamp says all three of my speakers (Front left, right, center) are out of phase. I have checked the wires a million times. I made sure the speaker wires are red to red and black to black.

However, when I switch the speaker wires on all three speakers, i.e., red to black, the preamp says all three speakers are in phase.

The preamp is a Marantz AV7702mkii, amplifier is an Emotiva XPA 3 Gen 3, frontspeakers are Klipsch RP 280FA, center speaker is Klipsch 250 C.

I called klipsch, as I read that some manufactures manufacture speakers out of phase. They said there speaker are manufactured in phase.

Also, I called Emotiva and they said the amp is not phase inverting.

Any ideaa?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
During setup, my preamp says all three of my speakers (Front left, right, center) are out of phase. I have checked the wires a million times. I made sure the speaker wires are red to red and black to black.

However, when I switch the speaker wires on all three speakers, i.e., red to black, the preamp says all three speakers are in phase.

The preamp is a Marantz AV7702mkii, amplifier is an Emotiva XPA 3 Gen 3, frontspeakers are Klipsch RP 280FA, center speaker is Klipsch 250 C.

I called klipsch, as I read that some manufactures manufacture speakers out of phase. They said there speaker are manufactured in phase.

Also, I called Emotiva and they said the amp is not phase inverting.

Any ideaa?
Then probably Klipsch have told you a partial truth. It is quite common the have to wire the tweeters out of phase to prevent a null at crossover. Audyssey records an out of phase condition in these circumstances. Ignore it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
One pair of my speakers always returned the same result as well. Ignore it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Did you also install a sub? If so, how did you phase match?
That depends on where your sub is located relative to the rest of the system and your seating position. Pretty much it will be 0 if it is on the same side of the room as the mains. Audessey can compensate for minor phase issues relative to your seating position using a distance adjustment, so sometimes the numbers will look off, but it is doing that for a reason. Let it run and see how it sounds.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis