K

kiran_sham

Junior Audioholic
I am pretty new to hometheater setup...so please bear with me! I bought Klipsch for my center, front-left and front-right, Polk 10 inch subwoofer and 2 Polk rear speakers for my Yamaha RX-V1500 receiver. The system works just great. I have used a Y-adapter for subwoofer because I heard it works great with that and it really does. My cable box has only one input and one output (both coaxial) and there is no way as far as I know, to split the audio and video from this. So I have connected the cable box output directly to the TV and then the TV audio out to my receiver with the speakers of the TV turned off. I want to know if there is a way to split up the cable box out to audio and video and then connect the audio directly from the cable box to the receiver. I just am suspecting that the way I have connected might not be a good way to have a better performance. :confused:

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
If your cable box does not have composite and audio outs (yellow, white, red) then I would contact your cable company and ask them for a newer version box. It sounds like your cable box is very old.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis