pcm / bitreams/ direct??

W

wiredntired

Enthusiast
Hello there:

Sure could use some help in checking out proper connects for my dvd setup. Currently running Panasonic S77 dvd & Marantz Sr 7000 receiver and noted after a rehook after renovations, the dvd PCM dig output was set to 48 khz & the DD & DTS Digital Surround were defaulting to "bitstream". It this a proper setup considering the receiver is capable of 96 khz?

I seem to recall problems with this particular set up causing problems with the sub woofer not engaging. Any issues here? The SW appears to be working under above set up when I play a DVD however the SW does not enguage when I play a CD.

Any help offerred here would mean good things come to you.

WnT

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello there:

Sure could use some help in checking out proper connects for my dvd setup. Currently running Panasonic S77 dvd & Marantz Sr 7000 receiver and noted after a rehook after renovations, the dvd PCM dig output was set to 48 khz & the DD & DTS Digital Surround were defaulting to "bitstream". It this a proper setup considering the receiver is capable of 96 khz?

I seem to recall problems with this particular set up causing problems with the sub woofer not engaging. Any issues here? The SW appears to be working under above set up when I play a DVD however the SW does not enguage when I play a CD.

Any help offerred here would mean good things come to you.

WnT
Set your DVD to output bitstream. There are no DVDs 96 kHz.

Just set it to bitstream and your receiver will sort it out. DVDs are a lossy audio source in any event.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis