PCI Soundcard To A/V Receiver Problem

C

CaptainHowdy

Audiophyte
Hello all, I searched first but nothing specifically on what I'm going to ask. I recently built a dedicated Free-to-air pc to TV system using the technisat "Skystar2" pci card and running windows xp pro. System is working great with the exception of a problem that is driving me nuts :/ I've got an older than dirt "Aureal vortex 2 quad SQ2500" pci sound card in the system and while it works great with my Boston Acoustic Digital BA7500 powered pc speaker system , I cannot get it to power into any input ports on my A/V receiver using the mini jacks to rca connectors from the soundcard. I even tried the cd port but to no avail. Even though this soundcard is old most newer ones are based on this AC3 concept and it should work fine. And while my pc speakers are most righteous they are no accord to my home speakers....any thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated. You have a nice forum btw. Thanks in advance!

C

CaptainHowdy

Audiophyte
alas, problem solved...since the aureal 2 has 2 out ports for "quad" speakers I merely changed the jack to the second out port. Seems strange that it wouldn't work in the first port but nonetheless it is working now...sorry for waste of thread. Please delete if you'd like or leave it to help others. Thanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis