Parts Express is now a bad word?

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
it appears that currently links going to the website parts express are getting formated due to the fact that they have the word "s e x" when there isn't a space between the two words (example here: partsexpress ) . This makes linking/visiting links to this website really difficult. It's just my guess.

ok. it appears as if it has the .com on the end it's bad...
example #2: *****************

Is there a way that this new filter could be removed?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
its not a filter for a bad word. The problem is some of their employees were soliciting their company on our site without being a paid sponsor.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I hope it's not JohnA! That'd be really too bad...

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
gene said:
its not a filter for a bad word. The problem is some of their employees were soliciting their company on our site without being a paid sponsor.
Pretty Lame indeed.

But this brings up a question. I tried to look up your acceptable use policy and I couldn't find it. Am I looking in the wrong places?

Maybe Audioholics has one but I think it should be easily accessible in order to reference it. That way abuser(s) can't claim ignorance.

Just a suggestion.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Obviously I'm sure you warned them as well instead of just blocking the link. As far as I know they are a good company and I would hate to think that the entire reason for this site is all about cash with no regard to quality products. :)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I would hate to think that the entire reason for this site is all about cash with no regard to quality products.
We did warn them several times and offered very afforable marketing solutions on our site, but they instead chose to solicit their company freely on our forums. If we allow companies to freely do this on our site with no support to us, then we would quickly be out of business or would have to charge our readers to access this site.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Hey, fair warning is fair warning. Good on you.

P

philh

Full Audioholic
gene said:
We did warn them several times and offered very afforable marketing solutions on our site, but they instead chose to solicate their company freely on our forums. If we allow companies to freely do this on our site with no support to us, then we would quickly be out of business or would have to charge our readers to access this site.
Much better policy then another unrelated forum I participated in. If you posted a "banned" URL, you were instantly banned. "Banned" URL was any site that had any commercial properties, or LINKED to any site with commercial properties. One that got me banned was a health foundation, that linked (why I don't know) to someones personal site, who sold quilts!!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis