parasound 5250 amp for separate sources?

C

cutter

Audioholic
This may sound remarkably stupid, (be gentle please!) but I am gonna ask it anyway...

I am starting to outgrow my AV racks. I don't want to buy new ones. I also am currently only using 2 channels from my 5 channel Parasound amp because I am now running JC1's to my front three speakers. I also have a separate amp for my zone 2 which powers 7 other rooms in my house.

Here is the question I have:

Is it possible to use two of the "unused" channels from my Parasound amp for my zone 2 so I can get rid of the amp I am using for it now? Essentially the Parasound would be powering my zone 2 speakers, and also my L and R surrounds. most of the time my zone 2 and my surrounds are not on at the same time, but occasionally they are. Will there likely be a crosstalk issue?

My other option would be to use my Denon 5308CI for the surrounds and leave the zone 2 amp as is, and get rid of the Parasound...But I do listen to 5.1 classical music on Bluray and DVD-A and don't want to underpower my surrounds...
RBH 661-SE/R
Frequency Response: ... 50Hz-20kHz (±3dB)
Sensitivity: ... 90dB (2.83V @ 1 Meter)
Recommended Power: ... 75-225 Watts
Impedance: ... 6 Ohms

Or, shove one of the amps behind the equipment on the floor on an amp stand... but they are pretty and I kind of like looking at them...

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Sure - the amp has no idea what its powering, just send the zone 2 cables to the unused channels on the amp and run the speaker wires to your speakers of choice....

Should work very well....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis