Paradigm Speakers Rant!

M

misterVL

Audioholic Intern
I went to a couple local Paradigm dealers to purchase my in-wall speakers but none of them have it in stock. Why are Paradigm speakers so difficult to a hold of? They really need to make their sale more efficient by allowing online orders on their website and not B&M. Most places don't have enough room to hold every single speaker that is made by Paradigm. Pretty disappointed. :mad:

Anyone know how long it would take to special order Paradigm speakers and have them ship to the authorized Paradigm B&M?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Paradigm is a protected distribution speaker company. Any store that carries them should be able to special order them and have them in stock within a week. Normal shipping and all that. I've used Kef speakers which generally aren't available online and it takes just a few days for them to come in when I need them. Similar with Martin Logan. Just ask at your typical dealerships and they will get them for you.

M

misterVL

Audioholic Intern
I see. Thanks. I will try to order from my local Paradigm store and hopefully have them expedite the shipping.

tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
Actually, Kef operates their own online store at kefdirect.com

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, that's kind of weird. They don't undercut their dealers though. I have no issue with any company that sells direct if they aren't undercutting dealers. Samsung does similar.

M

misterVL

Audioholic Intern
Just purchased my Paradigm setup from my local dealer. Will arrive in 3 business dys.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Not only does KEF *not* undercut their dealers, they also give the dealer nearest your zip code (US sales) a small cut of the KEF Direct sale and perhaps your contact info. Maybe not, confidentiality laws may rule. They do this because they want to reinforce that dealers bring value to the customer, not add cost. My preferred KEF dealer isn't the one nearest me in my state, but actually the same distance away in New Hampshire. I make sure they get credit, but it's just as easy for me to call or visit them and get the same or discounted pricing that KEF Direct cannot do.

They are also an SVS dealer and it's a similar deal. The local dealer can't discount, but can get SVS Outlet product for the same price you see on-line. And they're a Paradigm dealer too.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I went to a couple local Paradigm dealers to purchase my in-wall speakers but none of them have it in stock. Why are Paradigm speakers so difficult to a hold of? They really need to make their sale more efficient by allowing online orders on their website and not B&M. Most places don't have enough room to hold every single speaker that is made by Paradigm. Pretty disappointed. :mad:

Anyone know how long it would take to special order Paradigm speakers and have them ship to the authorized Paradigm B&M?
Congrats on your speaker order. As a former Paradigm Speaker owner, I never had issue, just 99% of audio dealers don't stock much, and seldom will stock in wall speakers. I am more than happy to wait 2-3 days and save 25% off list going through a reputable dealer who can support you before and after the sale.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I must have at least three of the 1% dealers then. One in particular has well over $1M worth of inventory spread out between B&W, Paradigm, KEF, Klispch, PSB, Totem, Aerial Acoustics, Parasound, Rotel, Yamaha, Sony, Plinius, Jolida, Bluesound, Anthem and many more. And yes, they stock some of the more popular in-wall/in-ceiling speakers from at least KEF and B&W, not sure about Paradigm. When they order from any of the Lenbrook companies (PSB, Bluesound and NAD) they have it in less than 3 days. KEF is about the same, not sure about Paradigm/Anthem.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis