Paradigm Speaker Upgrade

N

nolenrr

Audiophyte
Hey all,

I've got a Denon 2312 receiver and a Def Tech Pro 1000 7.1 system in my theater. I want to take it to the next level so I've got my eyes on a LCR of Paradigm Millenia 20s and four Paradigm ADP-590s for the surround. My choice for receiver is the Denon AVR-4520.

Is there anything in the general price range that might be better than what I'm looking at?

Robert

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So your total budget for 7 speakers + AVR is about $7,000? What about the subwoofer?

I would get 7 RBH SX-61 monitors ~ $2,900. MSRP is $600 each, but street prices are lower.

Bookshelf: RBH SX-61 Bookshelf Speaker

Then I would get 2 RBH SX-1010N subwoofers ~ $1700. MSRP is $1200 each, but street prices are lower.

Subwoofer: RBH SX-1010N Passive Subwoofer

Then just get the Denon X4000 7.2Ch AVR ~ $900. MSRP is $1300, but street prices are lower. Enough power to power 7 SX-61 monitors (set speakers to Small, XO to 80Hz). It has the latest Audyssey XT32 + dual Sub EQ (for dual RBH SX-1010N subs) + Dynamic EQ.

http://usa.denon.com/us/product/pages/productdetail.aspx?catid=avreceivers(denonna)&pid=avrX4000(denonna)

Then to power the dual RBH SX-1010N subs, I would get the ATI AT1202 for $680. MSRP is $900, but street prices are lower.

AT1202 Two-Channel Amplifier

Total = $6K for 7.2 (7 speaker + 2 subwoofers) system + AVR.

Or get the higher end Denon 4520 for additional $700. I don't think there is a better processor than the 4520 right now. Others may be equal, but probably not better.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Hey all,

I've got a Denon 2312 receiver and a Def Tech Pro 1000 7.1 system in my theater. I want to take it to the next level so I've got my eyes on a LCR of Paradigm Millenia 20s and four Paradigm ADP-590s for the surround. My choice for receiver is the Denon AVR-4520.

Is there anything in the general price range that might be better than what I'm looking at?

Robert
Paradigm doesn't publish prices, so we need you to supply that info.

What sub do you run? That is probably an easy place to get a good return on upgrade dollars.

The 4520 is a great choice. It might be more than you need though. Save money there and redistribute that $ to better speakers.

N

nolenrr

Audiophyte
Sorry guys -

My budget is in the $6,500.00 range. The ADP-590s are around 720.00 each, the millennia 20s about 475.00 each. I currently have a Def Tech sub that will be replaced in a couple of months. Nice idea on moving the Denon down to the avr4000. Also, I want to stay with wall mounted speakers. I like the clean look. Would like to add a photo here but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis