Paradigm Electronics Announces New Servo-15 v.2 Subwoofer

Paradigm Electronics has updated one of their most popular subwoofers. The new Servo-15 v.2 Subwoofer has three times the RMS power output of the original Servo-15 and is reported to be able to reproduce a staggering 121 dB without distortion and dip down to an astonishing 10 Hz. The Subwoofer features an all new Ultra-Class D Switching Amplifier that provides 1200 watts RMS (FTC), 4500 watts Peak power in an optimized, high current, discrete output design with advanced patented servo controller. The Servo-15 v.2 Subwoofer measures 20-1/8 in x 18-1/8 in x 21-1/2 in, weighs 114 pounds and is available in Cherry, Sycamore, Rosenut and Black Ash. MSRP is $2,200.

Read More Info and Specs...

Attachments

U

Unregistered

i want

i want, i want, i want, i want, i want, i want, i want, i want, i want, i want..

sheep

P

Polkfan

Audioholic
4500 watts peak at 121 dB capable of 10Hz. Man that thing will crack the plaster. Down right scary. We're talkin' earthquake territory.:eek:

B

BIG FISH

Junior Audioholic
Unregistered said:
i want, i want, i want, i want, i want, i want, i want, i want, i want, i want..

sheep
Me too!!!!!!!!!! :D :eek:

B

Berlin

Enthusiast
I'm getting one

I ordered mine February 21'st. It should come any day now. :D

RMarsh83

RMarsh83

Audioholic Intern
Anyone know of a good way to get a discount or find a used Servo-15 v2? This thing is :eek: but also budget-blowing. My internet searches so far haven't come up with much.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Mmmmmm nice. The only one I've seen was in rosenut and it looked great. I actually don't think the price is too bad considering what you get.

LOL, it TAKES 1200w/4500w of power and 2" of excursion for a sealed sub to achieve flat response to 10Hz IMHO :D To go from 20Hz to 10Hz, the driver needs roughly 2X the excursion and 8X the power required for 20Hz.

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Dang RMarsh, you just are not going to give up until you find a Servo are you? I tell you what; I will just sale you mine and I will get the PB12-Plus/2. You have to pay for shipping though.

B

BabelFish

Full Audioholic
Greg Gable said:
Dang RMarsh, you just are not going to give up until you find a Servo are you? I tell you what; I will just sale you mine and I will get the PB12-Plus/2. You have to pay for shipping though.
HAHAAH that sounds like an advertisement for SVS :) I say that he should wait for the PB13-Ultra and then compare models! :)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
An advertisement for SVS would be illegal here. I was just telling Rmarsh, in another thread, that I couldn't tell much difference in the two when I did a side by side with them, so if I was him; I would get the cheaper one.

If we waited until the next bigger, better item came out then we would never actually own anything!

RMarsh83

RMarsh83

Audioholic Intern
Greg Gable said:
I was just telling Rmarsh, in another thread, that I couldn't tell much difference in the two when I did a side by side with them, so if I was him; I would get the cheaper one.
And a good point that is too. I'm also beginning to like the idea of the 16-46 PC Plus for placement, and it seems to rival the performance of the aforementioned subs...

Thanks for your kind (tongue-in-cheek) offer Greg, but I think that taking your Servo would be sort of like trying to take a grizzly bear cub from its mom... not pretty.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
wilkenboy has a 20-39 PCi that he raves about. Checkout his blog in the "members systems gallery" forum. I seriously considered the PC Ultra secondary to the small footprint but when my S.O. actually saw the picture she said "noway; looks like a hot water heater". I bet any of the 3 you are looking at will be fine. At some point you are just paying money for something that you cant even tell sounds better but may have better specs on paper. I get home after work, crank up the system and smile in the comfort that I made all great choices and am very happy with my set-up.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis