Paradigm Cinema 110CT

B

bmninada

Audioholic
I have a tight budget and here's my setup. Subject line covers my speakers, receiver is Onkyo TX-SR606 and Denon 19xx series DVD/SACD player. My room's small 17' x 13 ' x 8' (LxWxH). I recently did the auto tuning of the receiver and am wowed with the sound now. Truly it's a home theater!
At this point, I thinking of the following points and seek your good advice

1. Should I add pair of ADP-10 to make it 7.1 ? Room being small, not sure if will be significant? Note: I go for SACD/DVD-A's mostly and find 99% to be 5.1 only.
  2. What's the general opinion of this speaker set/combo? I would like to keep it to the same price range and similar products in the market. Is it junk? How well does it hold up to few other reputed manufacturers producing sattelite (small) sized speakers like Sony, Panasonic, Bose, etc.
  3. If I think of upgrading, I believe I should start with the front+center. In which case, what would be your recommendation for 1 step UP or 2 steps up?
Please note: I have difficulties upgrading my woofer, since I share with neighbor and he complains of the big boom.
1 observation I have: Removing the front covers of these speakers causing DEGRADATION of sound! Also, I never realized it, good quality speaker stands have a big difference in sound!

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry - but there's no advice?
You have answered your own question.

"I recently did the auto tuning of the receiver and am wowed with the sound now. Truly it's a home theater!"

Note: "I go for SACD/DVD-A's mostly and find 99% to be 5.1 only."

Please note: "I have difficulties upgrading my woofer, since I share with neighbor and he complains of the big boom"

On a side note - you are not thinking seriously at the moment >
"If I think of upgrading,"

Therefore. relax and enjoy!:)

B

bmninada

Audioholic
Thanks, I know and understand. Bottom-line what could be my next step of upgrade which will give me richer sound, w.r.t. speakers? Happy with Paradigm upgrade.

Also, what's the consensus on these speakers, i.e. Cinema 110 series?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks, I know and understand. Bottom-line what could be my next step of upgrade which will give me richer sound, w.r.t. speakers? Happy with Paradigm upgrade.

Also, what's the consensus on these speakers, i.e. Cinema 110 series?
OK, just for the fun of it - if I want to fall asleep watching a movie,
then I would use something like the Cinema 10.

If you want more resolution with very good detail, definition and depth,
then look at the Boston VS 260 speakers, and 325C center. I do own
them and really like them. Over at another forum, some one bought
them and is now selling their Energy RC 10's - and also, another one
compared them with the Ascend Verus Grand Bookshelf and center, and
sent the Verus speakers back. So, maybe I am not crazy after all.:):rolleyes:
If interested then look here >
Vanns.com Search : BOSTON VS

Last edited:
H

Hocky

Full Audioholic
OK, just for the fun of it - if I want to fall asleep watching a movie,
then I would use something like the Cinema 10.
Yay for e-knowledge. heh.

The Cinema 110 is not bad at its price point (actually, I think you'd be hard pressed to do better for the same $700 or so you can find those for). It has some problems, but it is a cheap package and you're not going to avoid problems without spending a bunch more money. Hell, I have a fairly big dollar combo and could rattle off problems it has - just part of the game, nothing is perfect. Overall, I think the 110 gets the job done well for the average person that is just looking for something that will provide a fun movie watching experience. If you are looking to upgrade, start with the front 3 and/or the subwoofer (just because it is more powerful doesn't mean it has to be louder). Don't bother with 7.1.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Yay for e-knowledge. heh.
Hell, I have a fairly big dollar combo and could rattle off problems it has - just part of the game, nothing is perfect. Overall, I think the 110 gets the job done well for the average person that is just looking for something that will provide a fun movie watching experience.
Even with what I own, it is not perfect - the journey can be interesting!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis