ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Does anyone have one for sale or know a place to get one?

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
I thought I was lucky to find the one I bought from Warpdrive. Just get a Signature C5. That will give you an excuse to update your 100's to S8's! :D I'll keep a lookout for you.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I know, I almost bought Warp's but gambled thinking that they would flood the market when the V.5 came out.

The Sig won't work (I don't think) as I need the flat top so I can set my display on it.
I thought I was lucky to find the one I bought from Warpdrive. Just get a Signature C5. That will give you an excuse to update your 100's to S8's! :D I'll keep a lookout for you.

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
That's kind of funny about wanting the v.4 because the top is flat. It's the exact reason I wanted it.

Chopin_Guy

Chopin_Guy

Senior Audioholic
Unfortunately, I can tell you these seem come up for sale very rarely these days -- I think many people are keeping them for the exact fact that the new v.5 Studios all have the curved cabinet which eliminates any chances of TV placement on top of them. Ironically I have seen several 690 v.5s for sale over the last 6 months but not a single v.4 on Audiogon or Ebay...actually there's a 690 v.5 in Rosenut listed on Audiogon right now.

Hopefully with a little patience one will show up and you can pounce on it...

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I have an unllimited supply of these 690's.... how many do you need...? :D

How about just get a used C5 .v2 like oppoman suggested and build a shelf to go over and around it on the sides like I did.... Or have someone whip something up for ya quick... Audiogon has a C5 .v2, which I feel is priced to high, you could easily negotiate. Then your upgrade path is clear for Sigs in the future if you want to head that direction.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Nice compromise.

Warp-That is a very ingenious approach to get around the center, very nice set-up.
Hey P Dawg, if I may ask is there any particular reason why you don't wall mount your display, just curious, sawz.
Is your set-up posted in the forum(pics) I don't recall at this time.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Didn't take me long to put it together, its not a super fine finish, but still looks good and blends very nicely with the rest of the console.

I also do have my my 50" plasma in the bedroom setup wall mounted, which I love. I think its a good clean look also.

Both layouts are great and work nicely, but I have no way to do something like this in the big setup with the 65" Panny all in a corner. I think the Dawg has a nice wall behind his system, but he doesn't have a thin plasma as I recall...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis