C

cpd

Full Audioholic
I have a 65" Panny VT30 purchased on december 27, 2011. In 17 days the warranty will expire.

Recently, I have noticed that the buzz associated with brighter images is becoming more audible -- of course it may have been that way all along, and I am just starting to notice it. Regardless, it is starting to become more bothersome.

I generally sit anywhere from 12 to 15 feet from the screen and can hear the buzz on any bright screen, over the audio. Any thoughts on whether this is normal, or should I be contacting Panny/my retailer to have the unit looked at?

B

Beatmatcher247

Full Audioholic
I think it is the nature of the beast and some sets seem to be worse than others. My 65" VT50 has a pretty noticeable buzz to it as well on brighter screens. I can live with it for the amazing PQ. To me being able to hear it means that I need to turn it up louder. White/Bright screens definitely make it more audible I agree.

Not sure how true it is but some have stated your elevation may make it better or worse.

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
My Panny p50u50 has the same buzzing. Its not to bad, and real doesn't bother me. Im the same distance as you are from the screen. it actually reminds me of when I used to sit 2 feet away from the tv watching The A-Team as a kid. Bright screens always buzzed a bit.

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
I'm not sure the buzzing I had was normal. I left the room tonight and when I can back there was a 3" vertical black bar about 1/4 of the way across the screen from the left. It is on all inputs. Turned the set off multiple times. No luck...and now the warranty is 3 days expired. Anyone have experience dealing with panny in these situations?

Attachments

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Did you purchase with a credit card? They may have doubled the warranty, obviating any worry.

Otherwise, contact Panny immediately.

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
Thanks. No luck on the credit card. Panny will be my first call in the morning.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Any word from Panasonic? I'm just curious how things are going. Thanks.

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
I called Panny's warranty line on Monday. The woman I spoke to was kind and understanding but said that since it was technically out of warranty they need to run it through their service department. She assured me that since it was only a few days out of warranty she believed Panny would step up.

She told me I needed to send an email with proof of purchase to the service people at consumerproducts09@us.panasonic.com and that I would hear back from them within 24-48 hours (she mentioned i may even hear from them on New Year's day). I sent the email on Monday afternoon but I am still waiting to hear back.

I will post results when i know them. Fingers are crossed.

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
After waiting for more than a week, Panasonic finally contacted me. They are going to repair my TV under what they are calling a "one-time" service since it is no longer under warranty. Repair is scheduled for next Thursday. Not the most prompt response and service, but at least they are taking care of it!

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
Another update. Panny sent a local repair shop to replace the board controlling that 1/3 of the screen. It did not solve the problem so they took my TV away for major surgery. Apparently the next step is replacement of the entire panel. Since it has to be shipped by freight, the repair guy said the total cost was likely more than the TV retailed for. Makes you wonder about the economics of it all, but it looks like Panasonic is stepping up!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Another update. Panny sent a local repair shop to replace the board controlling that 1/3 of the screen. It did not solve the problem so they took my TV away for major surgery. Apparently the next step is replacement of the entire panel. Since it has to be shipped by freight, the repair guy said the total cost was likely more than the TV retailed for. Makes you wonder about the economics of it all, but it looks like Panasonic is stepping up!
Please keep us informed. I have 3 Pannies and never an issue.

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
Should know more by the end of the week. The repair guy did say that he had seen this issue before but only in 65" panels. He said it has not been an issue on other panel sizes.

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
Well my repaired TV was finally delivered yesterday. They ended up replacing the entire panel but it was not available for many weeks.

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
Well my repaired TV was finally delivered yesterday. They ended up replacing the entire panel but it was not available for many weeks.
Excellent CPD! Its too bad it took so long. Now to recalibrate. Did you write you settings down?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis