Panasonic PT50DL54 vs. Toshiba 52HM84/52HM94

cbecker33

cbecker33

Audioholic
It's now time to pull the trigger and purchase a TV. I've settled on DLP and have narrowed it down to three choices; the Panasonic PT50DL54 , the Toshiba 52HM94 , or the Toshiba 52HM84 . As I can tell, the only difference between the two Toshiba's, is that the 94 has a built in tuner.

Does anyone have any opinions/experience with any of these TV's?

Are there any other sets that I should look into?

-chris

B

bbakken82

Audioholic Intern
You may want to consider the Mits DLP. It has the same version of the TI Dlp chip as the panasonic and Toshibas. The Panasonic does not have an atsc tuner in it like the others do but this may not be a big issue to you. I have seen the Panasonic and Mits right next to each other many times as I sell them and I prefer the Mits by far. As far as the Toshibas go I have no personal experience with them but I have two buddies that work at different retailers that sell them. According to them they try to steer customers away from the Toshibas for some reason. One of them is even a huge Toshiba fan. The other works for a small retailer and the owner of the retailer had to force them to sell the toshiba or lose all commission for the week. In his words the Toshiba was junk. Like I said though, I have no personal experience and all of this is hearsay. The mitsubishi was voted the tv of the year by sound a vision magazine.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis