Panasonic PT-AR100U Projector Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Panasonic had the PT-AR100U on hand at CEDIA, touting it as their "Full High-Definition" LCD Home Theater Projector with 1080p resolution. While 1,920 x 1,080 pixels doesn't win you any awards of late, the projector boasts 2,800 lumens of brightness and a 50,000:1 contrast ratio, the PT-AR100U lets home-theater enthusiasts enjoy Full-HD large screen entertainment – from movies, sports to games – in various lighting conditions. The PT-AR100U projector produces bright, sharp images by employing a new, high-power 280-watt Red-Rich Lamp and optical unit that generates 2,800 lumens of brightness - which is enough to overcome a significant amount of ambient light. In addition, Panasonic included its advanced Light Harmonizer 3 feature which will automatically adjust the output of the projector to match the ambient light levels.

Discuss "Panasonic PT-AR100U Projector Preview" here. Read the article.

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
Dear Panasonic,
Why have you removed the motorized zoom from your new product? I won't be spending $1500 more for 3D that I'll only use twice a year. I already have a dark room for a theater and I don't need 1000 more lumens in a less flexible product. At least your more flexible, two year old product will probably be cheaper as a result. Thanks for totally misreading your repeat customers and making stuff we don't want and/or don't want to pay that much for.
Sincerely,
Your Ex-Customer​

Does anyone else agree with me on this?? Or has Panasonic actually included the power zoom and failed to state it on all their press announcements? This is THE killer feature for me and I won't be purchasing a new projector this year without it. I really want the cinemascope screen, not 3D. :mad:

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Jim, are you looking at the AE7000 or the projector discussed in this article?

The AE7000 still has lens memory according to the recent Projector Central review...
http://www.projectorcentral.com/panasonic_PT-AE7000U_home_theater_projector_review.htm?page=Key-Features

The AR100, discussed in this topic, probably does not, but should be brighter and may end up with a bit lower price in the actual store than the AE4000. I would guess that Panasonic may keep the AE4000 along with the AR100 and the new AE7000.

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
I guess I was making a commentary on both. But really, I was hoping their new $2000 projector would have a couple of extra things beyond the 4000. I think the 4000 is probably in my future if they continue to sell it, and I hope that it drops in price. Anyone have a used unit they would like to sell because they MUST have the 3D 7000? :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis