Panasonic LIFI problems

N

new.2.hd

Audiophyte
I have a Panasonic PT-61LCZ7 purchased Nov. 2007. Recently, it has been taking an excessive amount of time for the picture to come up. This problem has been occurring for about 3 months and is intermittent, roughly every other day. When powered on, the power light blinks green, which is normal, but after 3.5 minutes it goes out and the power light starts a cycle of 2 quick red blinks then 3 seconds off. (The normal powering off indication is one red blink every second or so for 3 minutes.) When the power button is pushed during this 2-red-blink cycle, the picture usually come up within about 3 minutes.

My questions: 1) Does anyone know what the problems is? 2) Is the double red blinking of the power indicator a trouble code?

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
The manual should have lamp and fan indicaters in the trouble shooting section. Thats what i would assume are issues.

N

new.2.hd

Audiophyte
All the manual says is it is "Malfunction 9" and to "Wait for about 1 minute, then try turning Power On several times. If error persists, contact service center.." After doing this, it usually works. Nonetheless, this is not the way the TV is supposed to operate.

I bought it at Costco which gives an extended warranty on purchases from them. I was trying to find more specifics on this problem before I go back to them to exercise the warranty.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Agian it has to do with the lamp, fan, light engine;) time to call service...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis